Upcoming change to Roon subscription prices (January 1st, 2023)

We got Roon ARC for free. Why would we expect compensation because the server went down for a day?

5 Likes

Glad I bought the lifetime last year. I look at the combined price of NUC and lifetime as a cheap component in my system. Heck people pay that for cables. Tons of value for the $1400 total I paid.

7 Likes

My annual subscription isn’t over until April next year. Pay now at the lower lifetime cost and it’ll start from then. I’m pretty cool with that.

3 Likes

That’s the same “hole in the fence” as if it started now.

1 Like

Thanks for the longer period heads up choice. I was considering lifetime but had to solve some issues before to be confident on support how they handle. Overall seems they do care solving things as fast as possible. That is also VERY important in long term sub not only service quality uptime.

Most likely will go also lifetime but i still have time to decide and EUR rate goes up against usd so no rush :slight_smile:

1 Like

No we didn’t, nothing is for free. Others pay for it just not you.

So will we finally see highresaudio.com to be integrated in 2023?

3 Likes

Wrong. It was free to all. Now, you could speculate that part of the 2023 price increase is due to Roon ARC, but we don’t know that.

PS: I already paid, more than many. I paid in advance.

Dilemma for me, my annual subscription renews next May. Nevertheless I would have considered going lifetime now, but I’m about to get a Nucleus which I understand gives me a free year so I won’t have to renew until May 2024.

1 Like

Maybe they should have given it more thought a month earlier and chosen lifetime then? Of course, I guess they could have found $700 in the mean time.

Non of us want to accept price rises during the current climate, but I would imagine that most things are going to be more expensive in the next few years (i’m being UK specific).
I like Roon - it’s not perfect and certainly has it’s moments. However, I enjoy how it meets this household requirements.
My plan is to keep with the annual subscription and soak up the extra costs by dropping other less important outlay. In reality, Virgin TV, which can be replaced by Freeview and IPTV. Historically, I have always paid the annual Roon subscription, but since my wife retired at the end of the last fiscal year, we created a “fun fund” that is basically anything that we both want to contribute equal funds to. Happily the Boss agreed that Roon subscription should come out of this fund. Therefore I may personally be saving some money moving forward :+1:

2 Likes

That’s easy. Go lifetime before the price goes up. A free year has no value if you’re going lifetime anyway.

5 Likes

Mine isn’t over until late Sept of '23.

That being said, that’s not the point of the post I made.

Monthly increase: 13.3%
Yearly increase: 25%
Lifetime increase: 15.6%

7 Likes

My friends dad was retired with ill health when he was 45 . He was 103 this year.!!!
Now if only ROON life time had been around then???

3 Likes

That’s meaningless. You can choose whichever plan you want. You’re not forced to stay on annual or monthly. Do what makes sense for you now. Switch to monthly if you think that’s a better deal.

Your posts come off as condescending, FWIW.

If you have all the answers, please inform me why last time this all happened, the tone from Roon was they begrudgingly kept the lifetime, as they preferred us all as monthly users - this time around, it seems like they are incentivizing the lifetime option.

I am asking not because I’m incredibly concerned about the money… but I am wondering about what Roon thinks is best for Roon.

3 Likes

Another issue is that being in the UK, the exchange rate is so bad that in 18 months the increased lifetime price may not be that different to now in pounds assuming things improve economically.

I get ya. Missed your point.

1 Like

Lucky for you. Around here homeowners are seeing big property tax bill increases, with some up 50% or more. :astonished:

Like you, my lifetime Roon license I bought in 2017 for $499 is looking better and better. :+1:

1 Like

Hey gents, let’s mind the basic rules of civility, please.

1. Don’t judge
  2. Don’t assume to know other people’s motivations
  3. Don’t blame
  4. Don’t make me keep posting these requests…

Thanks.

17 Likes