Update 17.2.23 crashes Roon on Mac and iOS

You are right as I have not played with the nuc since I installed it initially.

Do I need to go through all the steps from the rock install guide again as if setting the nuc up from scratch or can I now replace the card with an updated version of the build. And if so can someone point me to where to look for that.

thanks

If you look at the WEB UI page you will see a button marked re-install under the Operating System heading, if you select that it should reinstall the OS and RoonServer should be updated along with it.

By the way, do you run an automatic backup of your Roon database?

I will give that a go and yes am backing up. I will report on any progress

TC

Progress indeed. I am fixed.

So for others a re install of the OS on the nuc via the web UI may well fix the issue. I now have build 1211

(and iā€™m even now sounding like I know what iā€™m talking about !)

Thanks to all who helped out

T

2 Likes

Thatā€™s excellent, happy listening!

Geoff, I am not as technically minded as others in this thread and do not know how to access my Roon Nucleus via my web browser despite seeing Nucleus on the local network. Do you know if the Support team are still looking to apply a solution for their less talented customers? Thanks for your helpā€¦

Hi @Sean_Gough,

In the Web Browser type the IP address that has been assigned your Nucleus.

For example: http://192.168.1.1/

If you donā€™t know what that is, use a network scanning app like fing, or hook up the Nucleusā€™ HDMI output to a monitor or TV screen.

This is an example of what you should see ā€¦

Hi Carl,
Thank you for your guidance.
Here is what I see now that I can find the Nucleus through my browser, please confirm what I need to do here

All good now thank you.

2 Likes

Hi @Sean_Gough,

Perfect, thatā€™s good to hear ā€¦ thanks for the update.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.