Update 528 failing

My ipad has updated to 528. My ROON Rock server won’t download update and is stuck “downloading”. And never succeeds. System will not play music. Network is fine all devices are working correctly.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

I’ve identified and fixed the problem. I use an EtherREGEN just before the ROCK server. I took the Ethernet cable feeding the REGEN and bypassed it. This allowed the update to succeed. It seems the EtherRegen was interfering with the update. I’ve returned the cables and it’s now playing correctly. There aren’t many of these in the marketplace yet so hard to identify.

My EtherRegen hadn’t been rebooted or shut down for a week or probably longer. The device runs really hot. I disconnected it and unplugged it. After a 30 minute chill it’s back to running correctly and my signal is as it should be.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.