Roon Core Machine

Mac Mini M1 8GB RAM OSX Ventura 13.4.1 Roon 2 Build 1277
Music is stored on a removable 4TB SSD

Networking Gear & Setup Details

TP Link router
TP Link switch
Nord VPN

Connected Audio Devices

McIntosh C2700 / MC312 / Tannoy DC10T / SVS SB1000 Pro (2) / Audiolab 6000N Play streamer / Thorens TD1500

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Roon core prompted me to update, I did. As soon as the update is downloaded and I have installed it, the prompt returns to download an update, I have cycled this at least 5 times already. The remotes (Samsung tablet, Apple iPhone SE) will not connect to the Core as they display a message to say that an update is needed, or a download is in progress.

The core still plays music, and is controllable locally from the computer.

Objectives - stop the update loop, restore remote functionality as an automatic by-product

Hi @Nick_Bowles ,

Thanks for reaching out. Can you confirm if there is any change in behavior if you try a full reboot of your Roon Core? Do you currently have Nord VPN turned on, and if so, is there any change if you turn it off and then try the update?

1 Like

Hi Noris

Thanks for your attention to this issue. I rebooted everything an allowed Roon to update once again, thinking it would just be a repeat of the update loop, but it has actually updated to version 1303 from 1277 and is working well, no automatic updates have been “discovered”. Many thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.