Update lost lots of my library

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

iMac Mac OS 10.13.6/Roon Build Number: 1.7 (Build 528) Stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

PS Audio Direct Stream DAC with Network Bridge bias ethernet

Description Of Issue

Upon accepting the Update offered when I looked into Roon a few minutes ago, Much of my library disappeared. Attaches is a screen shot of my “Overview” page. The “Recently added” albums were added many months ago. I don’t even remember how long ago.

But my library now shows 2486 albums and my best recollection is it should be over 5,000.

What happened?
How can this be repaired?

Never mind.

Roon showed that my Tidal login failed. I retried and Roon indicated the retry worked. But obviously it didn’t.

After posting my note above, I logged in to Roon again (third time), got the same message that the Tidal log in failed. Followed the retry instructions again. And this time it worked and my library was restored.

Do you have TIDAL and/ or Qobuz plus local files? Are you logged into your streaming services? Have you check that all storage locations are online/ enabled? See Settings > Storage.

Hi @Geoff_Mirelowitz,

Thanks for the update here — I’m glad you were able to get things up and running. Our recent update made some changes to how we log in with TIDAL so it’s likely that you needed to log in once more in order to get connected. I’m not sure why it didn’t work the first time you tried, but if you see this issue return let us know and we can take a closer look.

Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.