Update new version does not happens?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MacBook Air / BigSur / Roon 1.8 build 764)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

FBox Cable 6591 / LAN

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

BluSound Flex 2i (LAN / WLAN)

Description Of Issue

I have problems with the update process.
It repeats itself over and over and over again.
Roon installs (?), then the app closes (relaunch?) and nothing happens.

If I open Roon again, the whole fun starts all over again. Again. Again.

There are updates available… - no indication whether the update was executed or not.

And maybe in the meantime, before the Q&A takes so long again, you could make a current(!) version available for download.

Hi @Michael_Schultze

If you install the latest version from our downloads page is there any change?

Do you get any error messages when trying to launch Roon?

If the above doesn’t help, please use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link (or any other file sharing service).

Thanks!

Hey @Dylan Caudill

I downloaded the version available on the website. During installation I am asked if I want to overwrite the newer existing version (?)
Why then an update?

No, I do not receive an error message. It just repeats itself over and over again.!

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-29 um 09.38.51

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-29 um 10.09.22

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-29 um 10.22.52

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-29 um 09.38.51

And so on

Hey @Michael_Schultze,

I know it’s been an incredibly long time since you’ve first started this conversation with Dylan. The issue was continuing at the time, but, I wonder is it still happening?

If so, could you please send us your logs, as Dylan mentioned above? Otherwise, I hope you have music-filled days :musical_note: