Roon Core Machine
Server: Ryzen 7 3700x, 32GB, Win Server 2019
RemotePC 1: Ryzen 7 3700x, 16gb, Win 11
RemotePC 2: Thinkpad X1 Carbon, Intel Core i7 (gen 8), 16GB, Win 10
Phone: Android Moto G5G
Networking Gear & Setup Details
Connected Audio Devices
Number of Tracks in Library
Description of Issue
After updating the Core this morning on my headless server, all connections from PC and phone fail. System was previously working. Have updated PC and phone software with no success.
Have you rebooted the Roon Core machine?
That has helped a lot of users after this update.
The server machine works has no networking issues - I can remote into the box fine, both before and after router reboots.
I did. Sorry if that was unclear
I fixed my similar symptom – if your Roon Core and Clients are on different VLANS, you need to enable firewall ports TCP 9332 and 9330 from the Client to Core VLAN.
You may also have to update any Windows firewall rules, or on Lunux if you’re using UFW or other firewall.
Looks like Roon changed what was working (access port TCP 9003) to TCP 9332 & 9330.
***EDIT: Added port 9330 and 9332
This might be a firewall issue, can I suggest as a test switching it off. It that helps, then double check the exceptions list.
Noted, above, depending on what OS you’re running Roon Core on, you may need to update Windows Firewall or Linux UFW to enable traffic to ports 9332 (minimum) & seemingly to 9330 as well.
Try turning off any anti-virus programs on your core machine temporarily to see if the problem goes away. If it does, add Roon to the list of exceptions.
Adding the two firewall ports did the job. I also added UDP 9330 and 9332 (to the Roon Discovery Inbound Rule in Win Defender) Thanks everybody!
This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.