Updated import dates are not reflected in album list view

I’ve just imported my Bandcamp library back into iTunes and now into Roon and would like my import dates to reflect the date of my purchases on BC. I was excited to see that Roon allums us to edit the import dates can be changed as shown here: https://community.roonlabs.com/t/question-how-to-edit-an-incorrect-imported-date/110359/2

However, none of my updates are reflected when I sort by Album/Import Date. They are still sorted by the album import date and I see that the album itself still has the original import date. Is there something I am missing to get the albums themselves to appear in order of import date?

Thanks!

In Settings > Library > Import settings, how do you have these set?

Import Date is edited per track not album. if an album has 10 tracks, then you need to edit the import date on all 10 tracks. If not and even one track has the original date, then that is what Roon will use as it takes the earliest import date on any track in the album.

I just edited an album and it worked fine. Maybe also try rebooting the server.

Edit, if these are local files then adding an IMPORTDATE Tag to the file is the best way of doing it. Remembering of course to tell Roon to use that tag if present. That way, if you had to rebuild the Roon database from scratch it will all just be there correctly. I learned to put as much into the local files metadata as I can after I’ve had two separate database meltdowns and lost several over a hundred hours of metadata grooming.

1 Like

I learned to put as much into the local files metadata as I can after I’ve had two separate database meltdowns and lost several over a hundred hours of metadata grooming.

It wouldn’t be bad if the export function in an excel file also exported this information so as to be able to massively create this or other tags directly in the files

It would but I guess might be a license restriction to, e.g., import credits from TiVo into Roon and then let Roon export them into csv

I wasn’t actually referring to artist or release credits/metadata, but rather Roon’s “internal” information such as import date, play count, last played date…

Ah ok, makes sense

Mine is set exactly the same as shown in the illustration that you provided.

Follow @Rugby’s advice and in the local files create a new tag called IMPORTDATE with the BC purchase date or any date you want.
Roon will read this field correctly