Updated Roon now cannot get it to work

Description of Issue

On Windows PC (Ryzen 4750G with 32 gig ram and 1tb SSD … was using Roon got a message flyer pop up saying roon had an update. Clicked update … carried on using Roon…thought all was well.
On rebooting PC Roon shortcut is missing and I can no longer run Roon. Roon appears to be on system… but I cannot find a Roon.exe can only find Roon.exe.old … what is going on I cant remember all my settings and I run DSP I am really upset…can you help???

Sounds like something failure during the version update.
Go to the Roon website and download a new Roon version and install it.
This will reinstate roon.exe (and any other missing installation files), it will not override your existing Roon Database, however, it may update the DB structure if required.

A gentle reminder that to guard against data loss, it is critical that Roon Database backups are taken on a regular basis. Same goes for your music files as well of course.

Apologies for the delay, @Richard_Wilkinson! Our team’s queue is longer than typical at the moment, but we’re working to get back to everyone as quickly as we can.

Are you still seeing problems here?

If so, would you please use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link (or any other file sharing service).

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed after 19 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.