Updated Roon software yesterday now Roon cannot find my Core

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MacMiniTEXT GOES HERE

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Nothing has changed here

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Using an Oppo BDP 105 as DAC

Description Of Issue

While listening to music a window popped up in Roon saying the software should be updated. I clicked “OK” and now Roon cannot find my Core. It is on the same machine, don’t understand what happened.

The controller software needs updating too. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the controller App?

why do I have to uninstall the controller hardware, is it 1997 again? Ugh, that’s not very user friendly. I found another thread and deauthorized the computer where the Core resides and it is functioning again, but man, this makes me long for the days of SACD’s. Not user-friendly compared to what we are now accustomed to. Made no sense for the update to not just work.

Thanks for answering though, it’s appreciated

It was just a suggestion of one of the things to try. Sometimes stuff goes awry and an uninstall/reinstall is one of the things I always try as part of the troubleshooting process. I did my original update from an Android device which triggered an automatic core update. The PC controller just updated when I started it up. My core runs on a NAS though.

A post was split to a new topic: Unable to connect to Nucleus Core after updating remotes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.