Updated to new Roon , using Mac mini 10.10.5 , locked up and will not do anything

Roon Core Device

Mac mini 2010
Yosemite 10.10.5

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Only Mac mini

Connected Audio Devices

None

Library Size

10,000?

Description of Issue

I just uploaded the new roon
And as usual everything locks up with Mac mini
Using tidal

I wish that your updates would notify us by reviewing our computer, that we are not compatible

There are some details of what is RECOMMENDED MINIMUM - please don’t shoot the messenger.

you milage may vary but OPENGL V3.0 is a requirement that gets more and more use as updates roll out to roon so this could be where the hardware is no longer up to snuff.

My computer has all the minimum requirements

So, How do I reload the old version of roon, so I can use Roon & Tidal ?

You will have to move with the times I think. Maybe try the RoonServer version (this has no OpenGL dependancies) and access it via remote clients like iPhone/iPad/tablets etc

My info is here:

Mac Mini 2010
2.4 ghz core2 duo
8 gb memory
Yosemite 10.10.5

The previous version of Roon worked fine
The new White version 1.8, will not load
1.8 vs 806

So, According to this Roon help desk , I must buy a new roon server ? And keep up with times ?

Very helpful

Jeff

The update worked for my 2010 Mac Mini on Yosemite, but as @wizardofoz suggests, I am using Roon Server which likely reduces the computing requirements significantly.

I’m just a user like like you, but I’ve tried a lot of servers to run roon, and you are using a much less capable machine than Roon recommends. But hey you can roon server without the gui and you might get it going.

By all means see what roon support will say, but pretty sure it’s a graphics capabilities issue.

Hi @jeff_steiner

Sorry for the late reply here!

What happens when you try to launch Roon? Do you get any error messages?

Would you please use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link (or any other file sharing service)? Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed after 21 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.