Updates disabled, per Catalina broken, how to know when to resume

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Mac OSX 10.10.5

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
I reverted back from B475 to B416 as per instructions but since I disabled updates, how will I know when to return to normal?

One way would be to keep an eye on the #roon:software-release-notes section of these forums.

2 Likes

Hi @steve_brangwyn1,

We will be sure to include this in our release notes when the update that resolves this becomes available. You can see our release notes in the #roon:software-release-notes section of the site.

Hey @steve_brangwyn1

Not sure if you just mistyped but Catalina is no longer broken, Yosemite is.

Sorry, the thing I was trying to get across was the notification process. A notification list would be good as opposed to having to watch a release note page. Seems a better way to be on a list to be notified than to have to chase the answer. This wasn’t just a function that is broken, it crashed the whole thing

Hi @steve_brangwyn1,

If you head to the upper-right corner of the #roon:software-release-notes page you can click the circle and set the category to Watching as seen below:

This will allow you to get notified when a new post is made here.

@dylan Dylan there is currently no issue noted there (https://community.roonlabs.com/c/roon/software-release-notes/18) for 10.10.5 that might be an oversight given the number of users who have had issues now.

Even this isn’t that easy to find unless you know what to look for.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.