Updating Tidal playlists does not happen for several days

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Synology 918+, 12 GM memory, Roon 2018-03-07 running on an SSD disc

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Comcast internet to Linksys 7500, ethernet connection to Synology, then WiFi to audio devices, remote control of Roon via iPhone and iPad

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Lumin D1 and three Bluesound Nodes/Powernodes, all via WiFi

Description Of Issue

Any updates I make in the Tidal playlists that I create take several days to be reflected in Roon. When I use the Tidal app, any updates I made to my playlists via the Tidal webapp are reflected immediately. However, in Roon my Tidal playlists are not reflected for several days, even when I press the “Synch Library Now” button in the Tidal update in “Settings/Services” it is shows a recent update day/time.

Hi @Stefan_Zorn,

Is this for all playlists? If you make a new playlist does this take the same amount of time?

This is interesting. I created a new playlist in Tidal and added 10 songs to it. As soon as I synched the playlists in the Roon app, I could see it in Roon. I then deleted some songs from it, synched it and that was also reflected immediately. The other playlists still did not synch - they have been created many months ago and have several hundred songs in them

Hi @Stefan_Zorn,

Thanks for letting us know those additional details. I would like to take a closer look at this behavior, can you please let me know the the following?

• What is the exact name of the playlists that are not syncing properly?
  • What type of TIDAL account do you have (Regular/HiFi)?
  • Is the behavior the same if you reboot your Core?
  • Can you send us a copy of your Roon database by using these instructions? The best way to get this over to us would be via a shared Dropbox / Google Drive / Send.firefox.com link

Hi,

The name of the playlist is “New Stuff”. It changes all the time as I add new music to check out and then delete it once I have listened to it. I have the HiFi subscription and yes, the behavior is the same even if I reboot the core. I have copied the Roon server documents and you can access them with the following link https://send.firefox.com/download/db16e7766905a9b8/#CnhRVm8cGFAbInS-qds5MQ.

FYI, the ZIP utility for Mac that you mentioned does not seem to exist and I was not able to reduce the database folder to less than 2.4 GB (so I did not include it in this upload). Is there a different way to get that information to you?

Please let me know if there is anything else you need.

Thanks,

Stefan

Hi @Stefan_Zorn,

Thank you for sending those logs over, but I am afraid that they won’t be of much help. I would like to ask QA to take a look at your database and/or specific playlist as to properly investigate this issue. There is one alternate option here that we can try, and I have just PM’d you follow-up instructions.

Thanks,
Noris

A post was split to a new topic: TIDAL Playlist Sync Issues

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.