Upgrade fauilure

W7 on PC

Why do I never learn ‘if it ain’t broke don’t fix it’.
Went for the currently advertised front end update. Now when I launch roon I get the welcome message, then a black screen, then everything disappears. Still working on my Android and W10 laptop fine (which I haven’t tried to update) so core etc still functioning - just the W7 front end crap.

Nucleus core

Hi @John_Adam,

You have our apologies for the trouble here! Would you kindly use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link so the team can take a look?

Thanks!

Fail at step 1.
If I try to compress the Logs folder I get the error ‘Software caused connection abort’
The folder is 155MB (shameful).
Not sure it would be any good however as the most recent log file is 2 days old whilst the attempted update was an hour or so ago.

What should I download for a W7 front end only, for a nucleus core.
Presume Roon - Windows 64 bit?

If I download RoonInstaller64.exe, nowhere does it say what version will be installed.

Hi @John_Adam,

Yes, you’ll just want to download Roon Windows 64 bit from the downloads page. After reinstalling is there any change?

No. Just the same. Welcome screen - full black screen - full black screen quits leaving nothing. The roon icon in the taskbar does not indicate a running programme. It has created a more up-to-date _log file however. But I don’t know how to get it to you.

Hi @John_Adam,

You can send logs via a shared Dropbox link or any other file sharing service link.

I haven’t got dropbox or anything like it. I generally attach things to emails

Hi @John_Adam — I just sent you a PM with next steps.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.