Upgrade from U1 mini to T2?

But it can be hard to use the X1 LPS with the T2 without any adapter set and so the real update will/can be to go to the X1.
Something like the Teddy Pardo can be worth for an upgrade, but stay fair and try to compare (I don’t agree with Vadim and I’m using primarly Stax SR-009 on a AudioValve Luminare in a complete balanced chain, where I can hear any changes in the sources).

1 Like

For me a move from a U1 Mini to a T2 would be an unnatural step, if you don not have the need to consolidate devices.

I am using my U1 with X PS and replaced the stock cable with a customer build by audiosensibility. Downstream after Mutec reclocking sits a Mola Mola Tambaqui and a pair of Susvara driven by a Niimbus.

Since the X PS was not available I started the U1 with the stock power supply. I was very surprised by the improvements the X PS made. It was very similar when I changed the PS an my LP12.

1 Like

The good thing here is cabling by Audiosensibility - outstanding company, making great cables. TBH I doubt if most people can hear differences with different power supplies with U1 and T2, since T2 is already awesome and to get best from X1 you need next level amps/speakers. If you’re listening via headphones exclusively, this of course is a different thing and good luck to you. For me, I don’t want to shut the world out just yet so I hate the idea of headphones. YMMV.

Ok, you’re using a DAC from the 10000€ liga and then you should compare with the Lumin X1.
But what I’m not understanding:
Your Mola Tambaqui is Roon Ready and why you are using then the U1 mini together with this DAC, which is then also limited in DSD ( “only” un DSD256 output from the U1 mini)?

1 Like

I am using a U1 not the mini. 99+% of my listening is PCM between 16/44.1 and 24/192 so I never really bothered with DSD. My main focus was to get the majority of material as good as possible. I have always been in favor of separates looking for the one thing a company really does well, hence I ended up with a streamer from Lumin and a DAC from Mola Mola. I have not even connected the Mola Mola to my network, it sits on a clean and clocked AES connection.

The only other route would have been a high end audio server USB connected to a DAC, but I decided against.

1 Like

This is specifically my headset setup, which does give me immense joy to listen to. But I do have some Genelec speakers connected to the system as well, which entertain during the day when I am not in Zoom calls.

You should give a proper listen to a good headset setup, there is very little they can‘t do. Open back cans even maintain a bit of background noise.

Not really into headphones, except when travelling.