Upgrade to 1.8 - 764 - strange library behavior

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

NUC running ROCK 1.8-764

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

ethernet gigabit switch

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Synology 1819+ with gigabit ethernet plus Devialet expert pro 440 via ethernet running RAAT

Description Of Issue

This morning an update/upgrade was pushed, which resulted in th ROCK/NUC being updated to 1.8-764. In the web-based interface, I got a message saying my library contained 0 albums (where there were almost 25,000 albums yesterday) and a field on the home page prompting me to add a folder.
My existing library was loaded and monitored from
\diskstation\music\lossless audio
As I was prompted, I added a folder 1 level up:
\diskstation\music

The thing is: that higher folder does NOT contain any incremental music files. It just contains the Roon Backups and the \lossless audio folder.
Yet, my system has been importing tracks since this morning (almost 81,000 tracks and counting) over and above the 450,000 which were listed under \music\lossless audio
Is it importing the same music library twice? If so, will it simply hide the duplicates? And can I delete that second folder / stop the import process, which has been running for 6 hours now and is 1/6th of the way through the library, assuming this is a pointless duplication exercise?

Hey @Patrick_Van_Osta,

Thanks so much for reporting this and sorry about the trouble. We appreciate you trying all that you have already.

One of our technicians will reach back out on this thread as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance for your patience :pray:

Thanks but the issue resolved itself eventually. When the scan of the second folder completed and I ended up with 900,000 tracks instead of 450,000, I deleted one of the folders and everything has been normal since (to my eyes and for my usage anyway).

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.