Upgraded Nucleus to 2.0 but then recent update rest to 1.8 and now can’t connect

Running. Roon Nucleus
TotalDac Streamer
Audio Note DAC 4 signature
Audio Note Jinro amp

Issue: updated my Nucleus to 2.0 and IPhone controller. This evening I was notified that there was a further update which I ran. This update appears to have rest the Nucleus to 1.8 and now unable to connect with iPhone app 2.0. I downloaded the 1.8 legacy app and can connect to the Nucleus core, but now can not see how to restate the version 2.0

Please can you advise on what steps I need to take to get the nucleus back to 2.0

Thanks

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I have the same problem
Upon agreeing to an update yesterday morning, the following 2 screens came up

I then went through Help Center, creating the folder ‘branches’ with the re-named ‘roon’ file (pic attached)

I then get the following screen when I attempt to reinstall the Operating System…

…And still Roon won’t work (despite there being a ‘Success’ window)

Please help, I can’t go without music much longer! :wink:

Andrew

And it just fixed itself!
Thank you!

Hi Andrew

Great to hear that you have resolved the issue. Can I ask, are you running Roon on nucleus or another platform?

Thanks

Jon

Thanks Jon
Yeah, I’m running Roon on Nucleus (rev B)
Feel free to ask any questions
Sincerely
Andrew

It’s been several days now so I hope this is all solved!
Today I downloaded the Legacy 1.8 controller on my phone and can now run the core on my Nucleus, but apparently there is no Legacy 1.8 controller for my Mac? So I’m restricted to my phone at the moment.

The important question is: How do I initiate an update of the Nucleus core from 1.8 to 2.0 from my iphone controller app?
thanks! Alec

Hi Andrew. Thanks for your offer which I would like to take you up on. When I access my nucleus using Finder on my MacBook, I can get to the data folder but then what do I do. I do not seem able to create a folder in the data folder.

Thanks

Jon

How frustrating
Unfortunately, I don’t know how to do that. I was trying to get away from 1.8 on my Nucleus core
Andrew

I successfully installed Core 2.0 to my Nucleus using the IPaddress/Data kung fu in the migration instructions, which were a little too abbreviated to make it easy – took me a while to see the Data folder, but then all worked as described. I’m used to this with freeware.

Hi Jon
have you ‘right clicked’ on the Data window and selected ‘New Folder’ from the options and re-named it ‘branches’?

Hi Andrew,

Finally solved. I have to say the instructions provided by the Roon team to reinstate 2.0 operating system could be much clearer - perhaps with some screen shots.

Jon

Hi Alec,

Like you I eventually was able to reinstate 2.0. And I agree the guide online could be much clearer, remving the uncertainty from the process. Anyway, glad to hear of your success. Happy listening.

Jon

1 Like

Oh I’m glad Jon!
And I thoroughly concur about screen shots
Best with your roon adventures

Now to deal with arc not working!
Andrew

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.