URGENT: I'm still getting nonstop "Tracks Not Available from Tidal" Errors! Please Help [Roon Investigating]

Roon Core Machine

MacPro 12 Core (Mid 2010)
2 x 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon
128 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Creative 1TB SSD
Radeon RX 580 8 GB

Networking Gear & Setup Details

MacPro with direct ethernet connection to my ISP Router
Using No VPN. I am using Cloud Flare for my DNS settings
I am also using IPv6

Connected Audio Devices

Office Location: Bluesound Node2i with ethernet connection to my ISP Router + Audio Engine A5+ Speakers
Office Location: Bluesound PowerNode2i with Wifi connection + B&W 603 S3 Speakers
Living Room Locations: Bluesound POWERNODE Wifi connection + B&W 603 S2 40th Anniversary Speakers

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I’m still getting nonstop “Tracks Not Available from Tidal” Errors!!! Please Help. I have tried everything to stop these errors from happening. Contacted my fibre to the home provider. I have 1GB download speeds direct to my MacPro, they have verified my line is perfect. I have hard reset my router to factory settings. I have re-installed macOS Mojave twice now and still no change.

Can someone please help me fix this… I have been a ROON user for many years… and this is so frustrating watching the software skip through multiple tracks, bring up errors and not play a full album like it used to.

Please help!!!

You don’t mention any basic troubleshooting like rebooting everything from the network outward?
What steps have you taken.

I have factory reset my router, I have done a complete re-install of my operating system. I have rebooted all my Bluesound Devices multiple, multiple times. I have logged out of TIDAL and logged back in so many times also… no change.

What other troubleshooting steps can I take ?

My macOS and iOS TIDAL standalone app… works perfectly on any of my Bluesound devices using TIDAL Connect. Never skips a track. Same with Spotify. Only app that is having issues is ROON… and I dunno why… as all was rock solid only a few weeks ago.

Same Core Computer, Same Internet, everything else in my home has no issues.

Regards,
Anthony

After the reboots the @ged_hickman1 suggested, you might try Logging out and back into Tidal in Roon or adjusting the streaming quality.

Edit:
Last suggestion would be to rename the Tidal db files in the cache directory in Roon (On ROCK they are in the “roonserver\cache” directory):

You rename them in so you can go back to what it was if you need to.

Thanks for your reply and comments BearFNF, but I have already done all that… multiple, multiple times with no success… this is an ongoing issue I have had… posted before also… but the post never gained any real official tech support, and I thought I had it solved… as albums started to play more stable, but the errors are back again today.

TIDAL app, no issues. Flawless.
Spotify app, no issues. Flawless.
ROON app… with two Bluesound devices (office location) in my Audio Zone group… errors non stop.

See the edit above.

Also, does this happen if you use a different endpoint like just form your phone as the endpoint? or another device as endpoint (not the blusound gear)?

All I have is Bluesound gear… I have been using the Bluesound Node 2i as my main endpoint as that is connect directly to my router via ethernet… the other two devices are WIFI connected… but they get 400MB+ speeds each with full EXCELLENT WIFI Connection is the diagnostics in the BluOS app.

I just tried to play an album to only one Bluesound device… nothing grouped and the exact same issue… errors and skipping album tracks instantly.

How do I use my phone as an endpoint… I’m not every technical with all this endpoint stuff.

All I know… is if I play music from my TIDAL app on my computer or on my phone to tablet… the same albums tracks that skipped in ROON, play instantly on my phone… no issues.

Again… bearFNF, thank you so much for your troubleshooting advice and efforts on this… it’s just so frustrating… nothing has changed, all my setup is the same for years… yet this starting happening a few weeks back… and now it won’t stop…

Just need to install the Roon app and then connect to your core. Then on the phone select it as zone. You may or may not need to edit the zone/device in Roon to not be a private zone.
I use my phone when using my bluetooth headphones around the house.

I also went through this a few years ago, updating to wired connection, better WIFi, and fiber helped. I also am in the habit of cleaning up the library, deleting the db files, and relogging every so often. OH, and a full restart of everything once a month. Luckily have not had the “slow to load” issue for a while.

One more thing would be to try to change the DNS server just to see if another one might help.

I just found these files in my macOS library… I can see two of them just like you have in your directory… what happens if I move them out of that folder onto my desktop (as a backup in case I need to revert)… with ROON generate new DB files inside this folder ?

More importantly, will I lose all my years of customized edits to my TIDAL collection…?

Should be fine to move them. Not entirely sure about the edits, but I “think” those are in the Roon database. But that is why you move them and not delete them… Roon should create new files automatically.

1 Like

It’s worth a try bearFNF for sure :slight_smile: By the way… greetings from Ireland… !!! My name is Anthony and thank you again for taking the time out of your busy day to help me out here. It’s very much appreciated.

1 Like

Sure thing, just sitting here editing photos. Local hockey games.
My Name is Bob, from Northern Minnesota USA.

1 Like

Lovely to meet you Bob. I have done that now and quit and relaunched ROON and straight off it’s playing tracks and not skipping through multiple tracks… but it always behaves pretty good after a software relaunch, it’s how it goes with multiple albums will be the real litmus test now… but I work in graphics, and I have come across solutions, where throwing out corrupt preference files and letting the app build fresh files has resolved issues for me before… so I’m hopefully this might do the job… as I have incredible broadband speeds throughout my home, and I can’t believe it’s that… and this could be the FIX I need!!! :slight_smile: Enjoy the photo editing… :slight_smile: I have only been to New York and Florida… once day I hope myself and wife will get an opportunity to go back and discover REAL AMERICA… not just the bright lights of New York and Universal Studios… lol

1 Like

God Dang It!!! Just tried another random album and it’s skipping through half the album, pushing up errors before it plays a track, three quarters the way through the list of songs. Soooooo frustrating :frowning:

Sorry to say I am running out of ideas. Did you try it through your phone?
Or did you try reducing the stream quality (not that that is acceptable, but…).
Go to settings/services and edit the Tidal entry:

1 Like

Have you looked at the Roon log files to see what’s happening? Not sure where they are on the Mac (~/Library/Roon?), but should provide a bit more info.

1 Like

I’m not going to drop the quality Bob, that would be the absolute last resort for me… I have spent what is a small fortune to me (in my own personal circumstances) in High Resolution Audio equipment and have been paying a yearly sub for ROON for years… I need their tech support to try and get to the bottom of all this… as the software is currently un-usable for me and I have spent so many man hours (days) trying to troubleshoot all this on my own (and all to no avail), but also with the help of generous community members such as your good self. Thank you for all your suggestions and ideas.

Have a great week.

Anthony

1 Like

@Anthony_McCarthy
I’m really sorry about your ongoing problems.
You recently started a thread and it looked like you found the solution. Since apparently not, I regret to have to come back to this again:

I’ll look for you under Roon recommendations …

1 Like

Great suggestion Bill… but I wouldn’t even know what to look for… this would be well outside my knowledge base.

I was really hoping someone from Roon Support could come on board and do this type of deep dive to get to the bottom of the problem as all these errors and troubleshooting is really… Ruining my Roon Experience… BIGTIME!!! :frowning: