URGENT: I'm still getting nonstop "Tracks Not Available from Tidal" Errors! Please Help [Roon Investigating]

Amazing insights Bill_Janssen… you really know your stuff… so if that’s the case… I will just have to hope that my soon to happen upgrade to macOS Monterey will resolve the issue, at least that way I should be able to go from Roon 1.8 to Roon 2.0 and that could all help also.

Thank you again for all your incredibly insightful comments… most of which was way over my head… lol… but I think bottom line… I have tried all I can here with my current MacPro OS and Network Settings, fingers crossed my macOS Monterey update does the trick., it’s either that or I will just have to get a new M2 MacPro when it finally gets launched this year.

Hang on Bill… I just had an idea… Bluesound also have a native App… it’s called the BluOS app and that also works with TIDAL and I have just now grouped all my Bluesound Devices like I have them in ROON and started playing the albums that had all the skipping tracks and all are playing perfectly and at full Master quality also. So this is all still working on my macOS Mojave 10.14.6 MacPro machine… so does this mean it’s ROON software only is the issue…? or that BluOS are still using old .NET Frameworks…? Either way… this gets me my grouped audio zones back and full resolution audio. Now… BluOS isn’t a patch on the user experience with Roon… but at least this all works, PERFECTLY.

Are you using any Roon DSP?

Are you grouping any of these zones and, if so, what Zones are you grouping?

I don’t know what BluOS uses. Good chance it’s not on .NET, I’d think.

I’m looking more closely now at the BluOS Controller App and to be fair… it’s pretty excellent… much snappier than ROON on iOS on my phone and 12.9" iPad Pro… unless ROON Tech Support can help me out… I fear I may have to leave my beloved Roon… I could be hearing things, but the music even sounds better out of the BluOS app and I have loads of sound quality controls on this app also.

It’s a shame @support isn’t active on this thread yet.

1 Like

No one official replied to my last post also… that was also all about my TIDAL Errors, but I did think I had it solved at one stage. Genuinely, you might think I’ve gone crazy, but I’m here using the BluOS app and the sound output is far superior, it’s like they were running on half power before… and this BluOS app isn’t gonna cost me anything… still love the look of Roon… been using it for years… but for me, sound quality is king above all else.

In your logs, I notice lastfm error messages. If you have lastfm try unlinking it and see what happens. The setting is under your profile.

1 Like

No DSP… never really… I don’t really know much about all that… I just like to have the music play as it was originally created really… but I do know people that love all the various options that DSP can deliver. I have my office setups as one group… QTY 2 x Bluesound devices: QTY 1 x Node2i and QTY 1 x PowerNode 2i. My living room has my new POWERNODE only.

I’m using the native BluOS App to group and control them all now and it all just works flawlessly… effortlessly. The one incredible difference is the sheer volume I’m getting out of using the native BlueOS app… it’s like my Roon output was at 50%… this is now full power… sounds incredible… like getting double the power and a new system by using this other app. I miss the lovely user interface Roon has to offer, but other than that… it’s the music that is king and the sound… and using this BluOS app it’s like I just bought three brand new systems. I must have had my Roon setup all wrong from day one… the sound from my Bluesound devices now is soooo powerful, even at low enough volume levels. I need to explore more… but unless someone can fix Roon for me, I’m outta here… :frowning:

Well, try Roon again once you’ve upgraded to a supported version of macOS. See if that fixes it.

1 Like

Will do for sure… one more question… why is it you think the sheer volume levels delivery by the BluOS App are so much more than what I got from Roon…? it’s like chalk and cheese… the BluOS Apps seems to really open up what the Bluesound Node and Powernodes are capable of delivering… I was none the wiser with Roon as I bought all these Bluesound devices to run with Roon… so I just added them in my Roon as Roon Ready devices and that was that. Really strange… it’s a chalk and cheese listening experience.

Thank again Bill_Janssen for all your help and assistance. Love the Roon Community too.

Well, I imagine the two apps are just set to different volume levels for your devices. The Bluesound family are all Roon Ready, so Roon can control the volume of the devices, and I assume the BluOS app can as well.

I’m waiting for the arrival of my first BluOS device, so interested in what can be done with them.

This is something of a Hail Mary idea, but a while ago I had some skipping, stuttering, and loading issues. After upgrading my router, cables, and even the Bluesound Node, nothing worked. Until someone suggested deleting and rebuilding the “Network Share” within the BluOS. For some reason that worked. May be worth a shot.

1 Like

Hey Lawrence, Hail Mary Idea or not… I’m at my whit’s end, so anything is worth a try once it doesn’t blow up my MacPro, or delete my TIDAL library… lol… I’m into it!!

Where would I find that rebuild “Network Share” option in BluOS…?

Thank you again for taking the time out of your busy day to get involved and drop me a suggestion, very much appreciated.

Anthony

Do you by chance have any access to another newer computer that you could load things on and give it a try to see if the issue persists.

I know it appears you have done updates to your almost 13 year old computer but at some point the new code probably far out strips an older computer’s ability to perform. I have been guilty myself of spending many hours trying to keep older equipment functioning with newer software; generally to no avail.

1 Like

Very nice tio meet you Larry and thank you also for your comments and suggestions.

I will be making one final update to my current MacPro before I send it off to where the old and exhausted Apple Macs go to rest by using Open Legacy Core Patcher to upgrade to macOS Monterey in the next two weeks or so… so that might help matters. I want to buy the new M2 MacPro when it arrives, but by the time that gets announced (hopefully at a March event) and ships and gets delivered to my studio here… I will have gone crazy without my ROON… lol… I have been using BluOS since yesterday… some fine features and to be honest, not one playback issues since I switched over… but I miss the elegance of ROON… it’s just too good and the UI and depth of meta info is superb.

I have a MacBook Pro 2017 with Touchbar… 16GB RAM running macOS Ventura that I did try and run Roon 2.0 on but that just kept quitting soon after launch… and doing my head in also, with writing up another Support Thread, loads of suggestions and troubleshooting and time wasted… I gave up on that also and went back to Roon 1.8 Legacy and now this happens to me. I tried Roon 2.0 recently on macOS Ventura and and the same issue quitting none stop… all these Roon issues are just Ruining Roon for me if I’m honest. I just want to play and listen to the music I love. No all this… :frowning:

Does anyone know of a way to make anyone from official Roon Support respond to an urgent call for help…? I have made previous posts now also… and no reply ? no assistance.

They have a queue I imagine. I am assuming that my suggestion from earlier after reviewing your logs didn’t have an effect.

You can always ping support or another user by using the @sign. @support

1 Like

Hi Rugby… and thank you again for your “reviewing my logs” suggestion… but all that logs stuff makes no sense to me… someone suggested logging out of Last.fm as they saw errors… I did that… and no difference whatsoever. I’m also now actively asking Bluesound for their assistance/help now also… I have spoken with an official support rep already and a ticket has been created. Hopefully they might be able to shine some light… but to be fair… I have no playback issues whatsoever on BluOS, nothing like the continuous playback errors I get with Roon :frowning: