URGENT: I'm still getting nonstop "Tracks Not Available from Tidal" Errors! Please Help [Roon Investigating]

Your MacBook’s hardware is much better than my little Air. So that shouldn’t be the issue. The only thing I’ll still need to do here is hooking up my Air to Ethernet. So i have to buy a USB-Ethernet adapter at some point.

My whole system runs through wifi and while it works fine, I believe Ethernet connection should be preferred. But no hiccups here playing music in the living room, or supplying music to my other endpoints.

1 Like

Do you have anything else you stick core on or install windows on your Mac.

1 Like

Very nice to meet you SandsOfArrakis, but I don’t run my current core from my MacBook Pro, that has macOS Ventura 13.1 on it and Roon 2.0 keeps constantly quitting on me on that computer, spend hours and hours trying to resolve it with zero success. My MacBook Pro and MacPro are all ethernet connected to 1GB Fibre broadband. My MacPro 12 Core (128GB Ram + 1TB SSD + Sapphire Pulse RX580 8GB Graphics Card) is only supported officially up to macOS Mojave… but I’m gonna hackintosh it up to macOS Monterey next week, all going well, so that might help. I have a Node2i plus a PowerNode 2i only a few feet away in my office. The Node 2i is also has an ethernet connection direct into my router, but my PowerNode 2i, eventhough nearby… is located at the back wall of my office… so that has an Excellent 5 bars of WiFi signal… getting about 400-500MB throughput. They pair/group up in BlueOS and work flawlessly… it’s ROON is the app I have the issue with… constantly track skipping, very annoying and frustrating. I have even done a re-install of macOS Mojave with the hope of resolving it… and by now… and after numerous hard resets of my Router no solid fix. Works fine for a few albums and then kicks off again. Using BluOS right now and it’s rock, rock solid… but… I miss my ROON, it’s a far superior user experience… that’s what’s killing me… letting go of ROON. Been a hardcore user for 3 years plus… but I need my music to work… and when my music isn’t working right… neither is my work. I will make my upgrade to macOS Mojave and see if that helps… if not… I will just stick with BluOS.

1 Like

Have a MacBook Pro 2017 with Touchbar… 1TB SSD & 16GB Ram running macOS Ventura 13.1 and ROON 2.0 just keeps quitting on that computer continuously. Wasted hours and hours troubleshooting that issue before Christmas, had to cut my losses on that also, too much time wasted and no fix. All ethernet connections with 1GB FTTH Broadband. All very frustrating and depressing. Listening to my music should be an enjoyable experience, not this living hell of a software/IT nightmare… :frowning:

Yeah understood but the root of your issue is probably the mac. Get a little NUC run it as your server, sit back and enjoy a glass of wine.

Laptops don’t make great servers and macs don’t make great servers

Support identified an issue.
Have you sent in your database as requested?
I’ve had to send mine in and although it took a while they did resolve my issue.

1 Like

Hey Jef… yeah… sent it into Noris first thing this morning. I have given up for now (my head is absolutely wrecked from it all)… thought I had it licked earlier today… did another router hard reset… everything played flawlessly for about 1 hour and then the skipping tracks… and TIDAL can’t play errors started all over again. Using BluOS for now. I would hate to loose my ROON listening flow… but I have to be able to trust when I press play it will work also. Thank you so so much for the kind reminder and concern. Very much appreciated.

Anthony

1 Like

Hi @Anthony_McCarthy,

Thank you for your patience. Our QA team has an open ticket to inspect the database you’ve uploaded. We’ll respond here with the next troubleshooting steps once we’ve touched base and heard their results.

3 Likes

Cheers Connor for the update. Much appreciated.

A

I have more then 4 times over a Month periode the same issue you have with my Elac Discovery streamer with lifetime usage of Roon Essentials with Tidal. Nothing works logically: log out/ log in on Tidal and Roon. Switching language/ turn Streamer of and on. Frustrating. Before, I had a Bluenode with no issues.
How die it work again? I don’t know. Its not on my side. After switchting power on and off- there is no other option left for me to do- in a hout or So Its making connection again. In Roon Essentials there is no tweaking availabke that could make this connection lost because Its a basic application (Allright for me).
When there is a connection los the WIFI connection on my IPad is OK; I van stil Sie other programs.

I’m using a IPad with Roon Essentials and Tidal.

Maybe Roon could Seine a light on this issue.

1 Like

So sorry Jan_Hendrik_Maanhof to hear you are having the same issues as I have been experiencing. I completely agree with you on the frustration levels… music with ROON is supposed to be an enjoyable, pleasurable experience, not this technical, troubleshooting nightmare. I have all Bluesound devices, but I dunno where the problem lies… is it TIDAL or ROON or a bit of both. My network is super fast, with strong Ethernet and WiFi connections… yet the issues persist.

I’m upgrading to macOS Monterey this week… so shall see if that helps… as I will then be using ROON 2.0 and not ROON 1.8.

I will post here to update how my issues are going.

Currently I’m using TIDAL Connect with all my Bluesound Devices and I have zero playback issues.

Regards,
Anthony

Hi Anthony, I am having similar issues and I am on Roon 2 with Windows and iOS clients. The problem has only manifested recently for me. I share your frustration with Roon as a lifer and look forward to a solution from Roon.
Thanks for troubleshooting.
Regards,
Bob

1 Like

Ohhhhh man… sorry to hear that also from you Bob_Tait, sounds like I’m not going crazy and it’s all just not my own local issue. I had to walk away from further troubleshooting as I get locked into a bit of an OCD obsession with trying to have these type of things fixed… it was affecting my work productivity… as I’m self employed, I work at home and I need my music to work… that’s just the way I have always operated. I’m now using TIDAL Connect as my main audio playback workflow and it’s working so well, I control my grouped devices using the BluOS app and I have granular volume control like I used to have with ROON, I would say… even a little better… :slight_smile:

I have been using ROON for well over three years now and loved it… but if I upgrade to macOS Monterey and still no improvement, I might have to make some hard decisions. I can’t be troubleshooting this stuff all the time. Apps like Spotify & TIDAL just work… flawlessly.

Anthony

Hi Anthony,

I hope that after upgrade your Mac software that your problem will be solved. I’ve read all your struggling and effort you put into it, and also the support of the community.

I had this weekend the same problem again. The effort to want to hear just Music is absurd. Restant the router doesn’t work. Nothing. And then, later on its working again. Because there is no hint what the problem is- Tidal is just working fine but only on the IPad because the Elac has only ethernet connection; So Tidal as a problem can be ruled out. Internet just working fine; check the settings on my router. This problem die occured when I had this Elac a day old.
But the lac of information why this problem occured is frustrating. So I think its a Roon issue, proberly lost connection beween server/ Essentials?

Funny, the sound compared to the BlueSound mode 2i is so much more detailed, hifi sound. But with the BlueSound node 2i I had never connectionproblems with the ethernetconnection or WIFI: Aplaus!

I think that the update of your software will not matter but I wish that it will and you can listen to music which for me is a mindtraveling experience.

1 Like

Hello again Jan_Hendrik_Maanhof, I totally feel your pain and frustration… I just wanted to let you know I have successfully installed macOS Monterey and ROON 2.0 is running without issue so far… but I have been here before… so only time will tell. To be honest, I have been using TIDAL Connect & BluOS all week ever since I gave up on my ROON issues… and that’s been a perfectly good experience… yes, not as elegant or as immersive as ROON, but bottom line, the music plays, I can hear it, I enjoy it… simple as. Troubleshooting isn’t fun, especially with the same setup as before all worked fine… it’s all way over my head why these things started happening. I’m not a Lifetimer, I was yearly, dropped to monthly… glad now… as it gives me options.

Hope it all works out for you too… a pleasure meeting you… Keep The Faith as they say!! lol :slight_smile:

Regards,
Anthony

1 Like

Just an update on my issues… yesterday I upgraded to macOS Monterey on my MacPro 12 Core (2 x 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon) and I have been using ROON non stop since I made a fresh install of ROON 2.0 on my new startup drive and restored my library from a recent backup the day previous… and as of now… I have not had one track skip on me. It’s been rock solid. I will continue to monitor… but all seems great for now… and eventhough I loved my new TIDAL Connect and BluOS experience to get me back playing music without any issues… the immersive GUI of ROON is toooooo strong to move away from. It’s a pleasure to use and experience music on.

Thanks again to everyone that contributed to this thread in the generous spirit of trying to genuinely help me. ROON is a very special piece of software, as it really seems to bring passionate music lovers together in a way no other music software does.

Thank you all again… :slight_smile:

Regards,
Anthony

4 Likes

I’m afraid I spoke tooooooo soon… now I’m getting ROON quitting repeatedly in the last hour or more… it doesn’t stay open long and just auto quits. I’m seriously at my whit’s end now with all this.

Can someone from ROON please urgently check this to see what is going on now.

Anthony

Thanks for your reply Suedkiez… and apologies if I came across as impatient… I have been quite the opposite really, as if you read thought my thread and what I have been going through now over the past few weeks… you would fully understand my total and utter frustration with thinking I had a fix only to find more errors again. My latest was an macOS upgrade install that due to technical issue took me from 6pm one night to 6am in the morning to get it all sorted… then to find ROON 2.0 was working and all good and now to it quitting non stop again… whilst my standalone music apps like TIDAL, Spotify & BluOS are all rock solid as they were previously.

I hope @connor might be able to shine some light on my most recent error reports.

Regards,
Anthony

Hi Anthony,

That is a different Mac error message and there is an existing investigation ongoing about that error message.

If you want to get support or a specific support attention, then use the @ + name convention and a direct ping will appear in their in box in the case of a person, or several people if you use support. Since, you have been interacting with Connor, I’m going to ping him for you to see if he has an update

@connor

1 Like

Hi Rugby

Because I was unable to get a fix when I logged my previous issue… many of the community members mentioned my macOS was too old… so I took it upon myself to upgrade my MacPro, hoping and hoping it would resolve this issue… plus I could only run Roon 1.8 on my macOS Mojave MacPro… upgrading to macOS Monterey on my MacPro allowed me to finally use Roon 2.0 (which was the newly built version of ROON)… so after I installed a fresh new copy of Roon 2.0 on my new SSD, I launched and all seemd fine, NO track skipping at all… and for a full day it was excellent… but this afternoon, it started quitting on me, nonstop.

Apologies of any confusion caused… I’m just trying to get to place where I get my Roon back working.