USB and sample rate conversion

did that but no change the sigma-delta

i need long usb cable which i do nt have to bypass rhe bridge

Hi @rony_shema,

Just to confirm, this behavior only occurs with DSD128 content, DSD64 plays as expected?

Can you temporarily move the Ayre closer to the Core? I believe the Ayre has a headphone output so it should be straight forward to check this via headphones once connected to the Core.

i use for streaming dsd 64 and for usb 128.yhe issue happand when i play dsd128 through usb. my dac ayre qx8 support both 64 on streaming and 128 on usb

Not sure it’s been asked, but are you using exclusive mode with WASAPI you will need that on for Windows. It’s in the device settings.

the exclusive mode is on

i will get later on long usb cable

1 Like

waspi is on

the core is about 4 meter away from the dac so its hard to conecct the core to the dac

I think you should try moving the DAC closer just so you can see if a normal length cable (<=2m) makes the glitches go away. Only need to move it while testing with a normal length cable, can put it back once done.

Yep long USB cables can be very troublesome. Also is their no ASIO drivers for the DAC that might improve stability.

1 Like

any other idea beside the core and the dac?

Hi @rony_shema,

I would advise trying the ASIO driver instead of WASAPI to see if this provides any change in behavior. You can download this driver from Ayre’s website here. If you try using this driver, is there any change in behavior?

1 Like

how do i change asio from wasapi?

In Roon, you simply activate “another” output device. In Settings-Audio you will see the ASIO driver near your current audio device. You just Activate it and check its settings, to make sure they seem correct.

Hi @rony_shema,

Please try to install the ASIO driver I previously linked (https://www.ayre.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Streamlength_v126s.zip) on both Core + Bridge and then you should be able to activate it in Roon Settings -> Audio and then select it from the Zone Picker menu.

the link you send me nis for asio win 7 and my pc is win 10

According to their website, that driver is the one from Windows 8. As such it should work fine with Win 10.

https://www.ayre.com/support/

Go to Firmware/ USB Driver

idid that but the issue is not solved

Did you enable the new ASIO output device in Roon audio settings and change to that zone (and perhaps disable the other device)?