USB Audio dropouts

Having random quick dropouts (glitch sound), about twice every 10 mins via ASIO USB audio. This issue has been with Roon V1.2 and V1.3. The DAC’s USB Driver ‘USB Streaming Mode’ and ASIO buffer are setup as Standard, which has not been a problem with JRiver and other Windows 10 audio applications. My computer is plenty fast, i5 6th gen intel, so speed is not a problem and 8GB DDR4 RAM. Increasing buffer in Roon does nothing, nor does setting Roon’s background analysing to Throttled, but increasing the DAC’s USB driver to huge latencies like ‘Safe’ does solve it, but that’s a problem with other music production software applications that require low latency. Again, no other software has the issue. I listen to only PCM FLAC files, no DSD.

1 Like

What DAC do you have?

Metrum Acoustics Musette

Hi @Blaine_Arnold ----- Wanted to touch base with you here to see if any new observations or progress have been made. Let me know if you are still experiencing the same behavior and I will be glad to lend a hand troubleshooting this issue for you. Looking forward to your feedback!

-Eric

Hi Eric, thanks for the reply. Situation hasn’t changed. The only thing is to increase USB streaming buffer from standard to safe, but that has latency issues with other software needing low latency and so prefer not. Just odd Roon the only audio software with this problem.

Hi @Blaine_Arnold ----- Thank you for the follow up and my apologies for the delay here. I would like to grab some logs from you so we can have a closer look at what may be going on here. I will be contacting you shortly via PM with instructions.

-Eric