USB connection lost to DAC during song title changes

I am running Roon Server on an i5 Linux based audio computer connected to a Meitner DAC by USB . Following the Roon 242 update I have experienced a number of USB disconnects on transitions between tracks during playback from a playlist containing a mixture of music files types. Most often, but not always, the disconnects occur during transitions between music tracks streamed from TIDAL and files ripped to the SSD drive on my music server. Prior to the Roon 242 update I had not experienced any problem with USB communication errors between my music server and DAC. When the disconnect occurs I am required to either reinsert the USB cable in my DAC or reboot my audio computer to reestablish USB audio playback. My Roon settings have not changed and I can’t figure out why this issue is happening. I am starting to suspect some kind of conflict between the Linux OS on my audio computer and the recent Roon Server update. Is anyone else experiencing this type of USB problem?

Hi @mark_bravi ---- Thank you for the report and sharing your feedback with us. Both are appreciated.

I would like to have a better understanding of the exact symptom you are experiencing when you are making this observation. When you mention “USB disconnects”, what exactly are you seeing in Roon? Does the zone disappear? Are you presented with any error messages?

Furthermore, to help aide in my evaluation of this issue may I kindly ask you to please provide the following:

During your troubleshooting have you tried…

1. Another DAC mounted to your “audio computer” and if so, did you observe the same behavior?

2. Have you tested with a different USB cable?

-Eric