USB DAC on Ropiee : Device not found"

Hi,
I’m at the begining of a 30 Days free Trial and I’m trying to stream music to a Raspberry Pi running RopieeeXI with an USB HIFACE M2tech DAC attached to. The device runs perfectly well as a DLNA Player or a Airplay from varied others applications.
My Roon Core is running on Synology NAS DS415+, and it is able to stream music to the raspberry but ONLY over Airplay. The Hiface is detected but with a “device not found” status. See attached file. I have no more idea on how work around this issue ; I have tried to reboot/restard every piece of involved harware, but the issue is still there. Could’ you help ??

Disable the Salon AirPlay option. You don’t need both.

Thx alot. I will do that.

Hi @Christian_BLANC,

Welcome to the forum. Do you by any chance have “Open vSwitch” turned on in your Synology settings? This setting and other firewalls can sometimes cause the behavior you’re seeing, I would double check this since I’m not seeing anything under the “Connected to Core” section.

There is no Open v Switch in my NAS, and its firewall is OFF. For now, everything is working ; I think that another streaming in my home app was attempting to “own” the device creating a kind of conflict with roon server. I have turned this “parasitic” app to stream on Chromecast and, I’m crossing my fingers, its working.

Thx for your answer.

1 Like

Hi @Christian_BLANC,

Thanks for the update and glad to hear that things are now working! If you have any further issue do feel free to let us know.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.