Usb hdd not reconized

I have plugged in 2 different usb external drives. Neither are reconized by my nucleus. They do work ok on windows and Mac. What can I do.

Hello @Donald_Bennett,

How are you trying to add them to Roon? You would need to go to your Roon Settings -> Storage -> Add Folder -> Select the HDD from the Sidebar -> Select This Folder. This page should look something like this:

Please let me know if that works.

Thanks,
Noris

Nothing showes up in this area once I choose add folder. Only add network share.

Hello @Donald_Bennett,

How is the HDD formatted? Have you used OSX to format it previously or NTFS? When you connect it do you hear the inside spinning? What is the Hard drive model/manufacturer?

Thanks,
Noris

One is OS X senate 2tb
The other is ntfs segate 5tb

Both spin, a small white light lights on both also

The ntfs was working the other day. I removed it to install a ss internal hdd then plugged it back in.

Sometimes it could be something as simple as power cycling the nucleus.

–MD

1 Like

Hello @Donald_Bennett,

Thanks for confirming those drive manufactures for me. The NTFS drive should work just fine on Nucleus but if the OSX drive was formatted using the APFS then it may not work as expected. Is the NTFS giving you any issues currently? I would also try a reboot of your Nucleus as Mike suggests to see if that improves things.

Thanks,
Noris

Thank you. Rebooting picked up the 5tb windows drive. I will use the OS X drive somewhere else. I have about 700gb of music on the 5tb external. I installed a 1tb ssdd internally, did the format. I plan on moving or copying the files from the external to internal then removing the external.

Thanks again for your help.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.