USB out from Rock not showing in audio settings [Resolved B306]

@support I am running Rock 1.4 build 294 on a 7th gen nuc i3. My dac is a card onboard my Modwright KWI200.

If I connect my USBridge (DietPi) to the dac it shows in Audio Settings Network Devices as a HiFace. I can enable it and all is well. If I direct connect the Rock via USB to the Dac nothing shows under Settings Audio Connect to Rock apart from HDMI and Analogue out devices.

Its not a big deal as I don’t intend direct connecting to Rock but was curious to see if there were differences.

Hi @Tony_Reimann ----- Thank you for sharing this observation you’ve made with us, the feedback is always appreciated.

If the KWI200 is working on RPi (w/DietPi) it should be able to work with ROCK as well. Based on your post it doesn’t sound like you intend to use the device mounted to the your NUC but if you would like to troubleshoot this please let us know.

-Eric

You are right, I don’t see me playing direct out of Rock USB but who knows in the future. Happy to troubleshoot. I believe Dan Wight stopped doing the dac cards for the KWI as there weren’t drivers from M2Tech foe later versions of macos but I have never had a problem with linux until now.

@Eric no response from you. One idea I have is the hiface driver may be missing from rock. It is included in dietpi and that works for me. I believe Modwright used the hiface dac board from m2tech.

Hi @Tony_Reimann ---- Apologies for the slow response here.

Moving forward, I mentioned your latest post in a meeting with our tech team today and one of our technicians remembered reading that devices making use of the M2Tech V1 hiFace need to be on when the host machine is booting up. Can you verify if the KWI200 was powered up before ROCK when you noticed that application couldn’t pick it up?

-Eric

yes I have rebooted Rock with the KWI200 powered up and the USB connected to the DAC card from Rock. Nothing shows.

Thanks for touching base and sharing your feedback with me @Tony_Reimann, appreciated!

Moving forward, I have went ahead and enabled diagnostics on your account so we can take a closer look into this behavior when the device is mounted to ROCK. What this action will so is the next time the application is active on your NUC a diagnostics report containing a set of Roon logs will automatically be generated/uploaded to our servers. I will confirm when the report has been received so you know we have and then I will be passing over to our techs for further analysis.

-Eric

UPDATE: Confirming the report has been received. I think that may have been some kind of record :sunglasses:

Ignore that as I have unplugged the USB out. Will plug it in again now.

1 Like

Thanks @Tony_Reimann, I went ahead and re-enabled diagnostics this morning. It looks like the report has been received.

I am going to be preparing your ticket for our tech to review and once it has been updated/passed back to me I will be sure to share our techs thoughts/findings with you in a timely manor.

-Eric

Thanks, can I remove the usb connection now?

You are all good @Tony_Reimann, thanks for checking in!

-Eric

@Tony_Reimann ---- Thank you again for your continued feedback and more importantly thank you for your patience here.

To offer a quick update, our tech team has identified the issue and is currently testing a fix that we believe should address this behavior :microscope:

-Eric

Excellent. Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Any news? the latest update made no difference.

Hi @Tony_Reimann ---- Thank you for touching base with me, hope all has been well.

I just checked in with our tech team and the mentioned fix is still undergoing testing in our QA lab. Once the team provides me an update on where they stand in their investigation/testing, I will be sure to touch base *asap. Your understanding is appreciated!

-Eric

I can confirm this is now fixed with the update to 1.4 build 306.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 28 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.