USBridge and Squeezelite not working with Roon

My Allo USBridge (running at v6.8) is working fine as Roon Bridge but I can’t get Squeezelite on it to work with Roon. Roon sees it but when I tell Roon to play, the song is selected but playback does NOT proceed and no sound comes from the DAC/amp (ifi Micro iDSD).

FWIW - I am also using a Sonore microRendu in another room with Roon and that is working fine when the microRendu is configured to use Squeezelite.

I suspect it may be an Allo USBridge issue, so I’m curious to know if others are successfully using Squeezelite on their USBridge.

What am I missing?

There seems to be a bug in 6.8: ALSA output volume is set to 0 after the update. The work-around is here: DietPi + Allo Web GUI: Now available

I had seen that, but since playing of a song within Roon to the USBridge via Squeezelite was not progressing, I thought the problem was more than just zero volume. Also, it is working correctly with Roon Bridge. The problem only appears when using Squeezelite.

Ah, my bad. The default bit depth in the Allo WebGUI is 16 bits for Squeezelite. For my ifi iDSD DAC/Amp, i needed to set it to 32. Now working fine.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.