USBridge Sig w/ RopieeeXL and TP-Link T4U Plus USB WiFi Dongle

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to get the TP-Link T4U Plus WiFi dongle to work with my USBridge Signature.

I know that this dongle works with Ropiee and should be auto detected as I have used it on the standard Pi 3b+ that this is replacing without issue. I’m beginning to think that it’s the USBridge and maybe a USB 3.0 issue? Are the BT AND WIFI ports USB 3 on the USBridge? (EDIT: looks like its USB 2.0 on the USBridge as well as the 3b+) Is there a driver issue? I’m not super good with Putty and SSHing into the device but is there a way to check and see if the Pi is even seeing the dongle?

Again, the fact that the T4U Plus works on Ropieee on a Standard Pi has me thinking it’s the USBridge Sig.

EDIT:

Here is what I see I SSH into the USBridge Signature and use the lsusb command:

Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0b95:1790 ASIX Electronics Corp. AX88179 Gigabit Ethernet
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 262a:11da This could be my DAC - not certian.
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0451:8142 Texas Instruments, Inc. TUSB8041 4-Port Hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Here is what I see I SSH into my RPi 3B+ that I using the same TP-Link device - and use the lsusb command:

Bus 001 Device 004: ID 2357:0115 TP-Link
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMSC9512/9514 Fast Ethernet Adapter
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMC9514 Hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Thanks in advance for your help.

HUZZAH! I figured it out. Per my suspicions above the USBridge was picking up a device but as you’ll see it has no name. For what reason I do not know. However, that device was in-fact my WiFi dongle.

This may be a known issue but while using my iphone the scroll wheel let me select empty space when I did that the dongle started blinking and my SSID popped up.

Weird issue but hopefully this thread helps someone else in the future if they get this same wifi dongle.

Note that I think the USBridge Signature uses a RPi Compute Module and maybe this needs a tweak from Harry @spockfish

Yea, so I tried a usb 2.0 EDUP module that I picked up from amazon and messed it all up. Really confused as to why these would both work on a regular Pi and not the Sig. It has to be a USB issue.

I will note I was having drop outs regularly with the T4U Plus. I think there are still demons at play here. If @spockfish could provide any wisdom it would be greatly appreciated. Are there only certian dongles that I should be using with Ropieee and USBridge Sig?

Cheers