User facing library changelog

This week marks my first 90 days of living with Roon. I have experienced some growing pains – iOS remote app acting unstable, the core periodically tearing down and rebuilding my library. But nothing has been a deal breaker. Rather, just the opposite. I have been listening to, discovering, and acquiring more music than I have in years. Roon sure beats tracking down physical media in various stacks, stashes, and boxes around the house.

To keep the ball rolling, I do have several feature requests and/or suggestions. I am unsure whether to create a separate thread for each one, so I will start with just this one in this thread.

Roon needs a library changelog. I feel quite certain that such a changelog already exists within the core, but it needs to be made user facing. My library is not huge at 3000 albums and growing, but it is too much for my 40 year old brain to keep track of down to the last album. I should be able to view an easily readable changelog of what has been coming and going in my library. That way, if the core spontaneously decides to tear down a small section of my library or if the Tidal license to some of my albums expires, I will know and can address the situation.

AJ

I would always suggest only 1 topic per thread. That way people can comment on just that topic otherwise discussions can get confused.

1 Like

I agree with this suggestion. If you go to clean up library, you can see a count of album/ttracks that have dissappeared from the database, adding an export function there would be a good thing. That way we can review what is being removed from the database before we use the cleaning functions.

Right now, you can highlight your library and export it to an Excel format. While not exactly what you are requesting, if you keep a baseline, then you can do a second export if you notice things missing and do a dif between the two to find out what changed.

Yes, that was a moderator’s recommendation as well. Initially, I had two feature requests/suggestions in this thread. However, one has been removed to its own thread.

AJ

1 Like