Username and password

hello, I have a problem with roon, the core is on mac mini, as an endpoint, use Ps Audio Directstream J and Bridge 2, via router, lately whenever I open roon, asks to enter username and password, how to store data? this happens for 2 weeks, before it worked regularly. thank you

Hello @antonio_i,

Thanks for contacting us regarding this issue, just to confirm I understand the issue correctly, Roon is asking your Roon account credentials or is this for TIDAL account? Have you tried rebooting your Core to see if you still experience the same behavior? How often does Roon ask you to re-login in? Is it once a day? Once a week? Please let me know when possible.

Thanks,
Noris

thanks, sorry for my bad english, the core has not been moved, it has always been on mac mini, the problem, every time I turn on mac mini and open roon, it asks me to enter username and password, since I updated last version, before it worked correctly, once I turned on the mac mini I opened roon and started without problems, now it seems not to keep my username and password in memory, I tried to uninstall, re-download roon from the site and reinstall everything, but every time I open roon, he asks me for a username and password, when I insert them, roon works, but I do not understand why he does not keep them memorized.

Thanks for confirming that info for me @antonio_i,

That is some strange behavior indeed. Can you please try rebooting your Core machine and your networking gear and let me know if there is any change after doing so? Does Roon by any chance prompt you to un-authorize another Core when that page appears? How did you install Roon the first time around on that machine, was it by any chance restored from a Time Machine backup?

Thanks,
Noris

hi Noris, I restarted the mac and the network, the Mac has not had any restore, it is a mac mini late 2012, MacOS Mojave I7 Quad core, 8 GB Ram 1 Tb Hdd, the library is on Hdd usb ext, I tried to uninstall roon, and then reinstall, but when I open it, it always asks me to enter my email data, and password, once inserted, fuziona, but when I exit from roon, and turn off the mac, when I open my roon, I asks again to enter email and password.
in the roon menu, backups settings I can not find backups,
Account, error in recovering account information.
I really like roon, graphics and sound quality, I have other software that I no longer use, A +, HQplayer, JRiver and Amarra, with these no problem, roon from 10 days has this problem, and from July I use it, and up to 10 days ago he had no problems. when I use roon, there are no other open software, the mac I use it only to listen to music.
how can i uninstall roon from mac? because every time I do the reinstallation this automatically finds the library, this makes me assume that I do not completely uninstall it.
Antonio

You’ll need to rename (or delete) your Roon database, which you can find by following these instructions.

Hello @antonio_i,

I just wanted to check in with you here, are you still experiencing the same issue after reinstalling Roon? Please let me know when possible.

Thanks,
Noris

1 Like

hi Noris, after reinstallation, problem solved

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.