Using any audio source with HQPlayer - Spotify, Amazon, Apple Music, YouTube Music, Deezer, Soundcloud [2021-2022]

So how do you write a line? `

`
change this

what data to take from the screenshot that I gave in the first message?

It’s cool, it’s good when there are like-minded people)

I have a slightly different situation, the signal will come from the android head unit in the car. And if it were possible to set up a video delay from audio in android, everything would be easier … But there is still a chance that the delay will be minimally noticeable, at least now, if you turn on music playback via UPnP from Bubble or Hi-Fi Cast, then playback starts almost instantly, with the work of the DSP with the ext3 resampler.
But if you use sound capture from android using the same AirMusic, then the delay is already several seconds. Hope that with a lined entry it will be minimal, in short, you need to try, and you’ll see)

1 Like

Ah sorry.

So you have to press enter key on keyboard.

And then login as “root” with no password.

Then you can type

nano /etc/hqplayer/hqplayerd.xml

1 Like

Yes, I got to editing hqplayerd.xml via command line, thank you. Now the most difficult thing is to interpret my hardware under the working line in hqplayerd.xml in the same way as what is there. Here I don’t understand:
device="hw:CARD=USBStreamer then in my case it is?

DEV=0 in my case is?

And so on, if there was at least one example of a line with a similar line input, it would be easier …

1 Like

Ok now you need the experts that are smarter than me. Like Yoda @jussi_laako and @Chunhao_Lee

I think Jussi mentioned to you in other forum that HQP Embedded is like a firmware for manufacturers, so can be tweaked but needs some expertise too.

I only use the simple inputs that are already built-in like you see there in hqplayerd.xml (RME ADI-2 input, UAC2 input, USBStreamer input). Because I’m simple and dumb :frowning:

Hopefully someone can help.

I never tried to make ‘other’ hardware work for inputs, but as Jussi mentioned to you it is possible.

Let’s wait for more help to arrive

1 Like

If aplay -l is the command to list playback devices. Then what command to display a list of recording devices?

Found arecord -l

1 Like

Just in case, I connected asus xonar d2x, maybe it will be easier to use the input with it

1 Like

It likely sort of works, and is already supported by HQPlayer. But the limitation is that you don’t have automatic rate switching because it goes through ALSA which doesn’t support slaved rates.

2 Likes

And “Short buffer” option. But rest depends on the DSP settings. For example if you do a big convolution filter, it will have quite a bit of delay…

2 Likes

@Jussi_laako maybe you will have the opportunity to make one line on the basis of a linear entrance on your motherboard, it would be a good point of support for other DIY developers and just dummies, and in general I think if everything is good with delays, then this will clearly play in the hands of popularity HQPE.

Or can explain in more detail how to transform this from the source data
For example, what is the difference between the dedicated lines in the screenshot? This is essentially the same devices.

You can ignore that kernel babble. But I’m not sure I understand your request.

1 Like

By the way, the presence of an input via Toslink / spdif will also be useful, this is an opportunity for more convenient measurements. It will be possible to connect a laptop with REW and measure each channel separately and together by driving through the REW acoustic loop back. Edit the result in Rephase - generate a filter with corrected phase/frequency response. And also to reduce dynamics in multiband systems. This can theoretically be done through UPnP, but it is more difficult and more problematic due to the delay, because as far as I could find, only the “What I hear” program can display UPnP from windows.

I ask for help to write a line for hqplayerd.xml which will work with an integrated linear entrance of the motherboard. On the example of your motherboard. Or indicate which and how to take information about the hardware connected to the PC, to form a line in hqplayerd.xml.
For example:

<Input Address = “Naa” - what should be instead of the NAA when the lined entrance of the motherboard, or the sound card connected via PCIEX

which to take Device = “USB Audio Class 2”, instead of USB Audio Class 2 What to write

name = “Upboard NAA UAC2 Input” similarly

This is documented in the readme.txt.

But those motherboard audio devices are complex to deal with since they have some DSP, mixer, volume control, routing, etc. So you need to be careful to correctly configure signal routing, and levels/mixing. And generally poor quality not worth the trouble.

1 Like

Comrades, who has a USBStreamer, would be interesting to see a screenshot of displaying the list of recording devices for comparison with hqplayerd.xml and writing under their iron.

I have USBStreamer. I’m not using it for “input” anymore because I prefer RME ADI-2 auto sample rate switching.

But I can do this on the weekend if you can wait a few days.

1 Like

My choice is not great, I will wait for, thanks for responding)

1 Like

Good and sad news, I prescribed an analog entrance to hqplayerd.xml, and the sound began to work about a miracle, the only one needs to press Select to activate the entrance. But it is sad that there is still a delay, about a second, while I turned off the resemplers and DSP. Unfortunately … maybe of course the delay will be smaller through digital input, but it is not very likely. Well, tested on the old Core i5 2500K system, perhaps on more fresh processors the delay will be less …

I will also try to make the entrance from the ASUS Xonar D2X, it connects via Pciex, this may be less delay.

On the other hand, the delay is much less than transmitting from Airmusic + Upnp, it is more pleasant to switch the tracks themselves, you no longer wait a few seconds until the music is playing.

Now I will try Xonar D2X, she has a SPDIF entrance …

Yes I mention previously you cannot avoid delay with HQP. You can only minimise it

You would need to add video delay somehow to use YouTube

1 Like

@Alex_Ovc I just had a thought. If you are not going to be using HQPlayer’s powerful DSP (it doesn’t make much sense to turn off all HQP DSP but some people do it) and are concerned about audio delays:

Maybe the HiFiBerry I/O board which has optical in and output running CamillaDSP is better for you?

I have no experience. It’s better to join the HiFiBerry forum for detailed discussion of that.

But CamillaDSP will allow convolution. And you can use minimum phase FIR filter and possibly have zero delay audio. Possibly. You will need to join CamillaDSP forum because I again have no clue. But I’ve read about it somewhere.

and

2 Likes