Using file's track titles

I have a recording of the Mikado, in which my local files are tagged with good titles for the tracks, but Roon has used its metadata instead – in this case, with terrible results. So all the tracks are labeled, e.g., “Song and Chorus,” instead of the name of the song. I want Roon to show the track titles stored in the file tags.

Here is what I’ve done that does not work:

• Display the album
  • Select all tracks
  • From the “…” menu at top, "click “Edit” then “Metadata Preference”
  • For “Title”, click “Prefer File”
  • Click “Save”

I must be missing something, as this has no effect at all. Help, please!

A track title is not the same as WORK/PART titles of a multi-part composition. Preferring track tiles from files is futile in this situation. Read also:

If you prefer to see track titles for multi-part compositions, you can disable multi-part composition grouping on a per album basis (Album Editor, Edit Album at the bottom).

@BlackJack -

Thank you! That solved it.

Ordinarily, I find multi-part structure useful. But here, two things combined to make it problematic. (1) Roon simply grouped the entire album under a work, The Mikado, which is already the title of the CD, so multi-part added nothing; and (2) the parts titles were about as uninformative as they can be.

Again, thanks for showing me the way to work around this.

Mike

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.