Using iMac as Roon Bridge - how to wake up?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

iMac 27 2019 build, 3.7GHz, 16 GB, 2 TB SSD, MacOS Mojave 10.14.6

LAN connection via powerline adapters. Roon Bridge on second iMac connected via USB to Chord Hugo TT2 Dac

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Chord Hugo TT2 via USB cable

The Roon Bridge works fine as long as the iMac is “awake” but once the iMac goes to sleep the Roon Core can no longer see it. I need to go to the room where the iMac is and wake it up with a key press or something. Is there a setting liked “wake for network access” (I have this one set) that would enable the iMac Roon Bridge to wake up when the Core is looking for it? Thanks

Hi @Robert_Westcott,

It is not possible for Roon to wake a Mac device over the network. As an alternative to having the device sleep, you can set the device to lock and turn off the display so it is still available to Roon.

Thank you Dylan. Are there any specific settings I need to change to ensure the Mac does not sleep while it is locked and the screen is off?

System Preferences>Energy Saver
This is how I have mine set up, and it never sleeps.

1 Like

Thanks guys. I’ll try these settings.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.