Using iPad air as a remote will not connect

Hi, I’m new and in my 2 week free period. Trying to check it all out before I pay. Living it so far except…
My iPad Air will not connect to my windows pc core.
It flashes… Connecting… Connection failed …
It has my Core name showing and is trying but doesn’t connect.

What is wrong ?

Hello @Brian_Reynolds,

This type of issue is often due to some kind of firewall blocking Roon from operating properly. I would take a look to make sure that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your Windows Defender, a good guide for these settings can be found here (<- clickable link).

The location to Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe can be found by navigating to your Database Location e.g. %localappdata%/Roon/Application.

If you have any other active firewalls or antivirus applications (such as McAfee, Bullguard, Little Snitch, ect.) it would be a good test to temporarily disable them and see if there is a change in behavior. If it does, then you know you will need to add an exception to the firewall for proper Roon communication.

Please let me know if that helps!

Thanks,
Noris

Do also note that the wifi network must be using the same subnet address range as the core connection (assuming its on LAN) otherwise the Roon App wont find the PC at all. You can try and App like FING to see what the IP address is for the iPad and if it also shows the PC listed in the devices scanned.

*Edit Just saw after a rereading that it shows but no connection :blush: so maybe you are all good with the wifi

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.