Using iPad causes audio issues

Hi,

I have tried a lot of things but I am at a loss. I have Chord Poly and have run Roon on a Mac Mini late 2012 and now on my gaming laptop. Have tried different routers and network configuration but I keep getting “Audio File is Loading Slowly” stuttering and sound issues. It appears to happen especially when I use the iPad to browse through my catalog or through the Tidal content. There are 33000 tracks in the catalogs and some 2500 albums. Most of which come from Tidal +/- 1500.

Internet speed is 400mbps and when i play via DLNA via the ipad from Tidal using Mconnect all is well. So it really appears to be a Roon issue.

I have no DSP, no upsampling, not even master tracks required to cause the issues.

Hopefuly there is something that can be done because I really like Roon but being able to actually listen to music is not working.

Regards,
Marcel

Hi @Marcel_Schot,

So we can better assist you, please describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

If you play to System Output of the Core machine does the same behavior occur here?

Hi Dylan,

I have been very busy and have not used Roon at all since my question. Yesterday I discoverd an update for the Poly I am using and that appears to be a lot better.

After I have some more experience with the new update I will send an update to this topic.

I have read comments from other people that the update has improved their similar issues.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.