Using macbook air as end point

"hello my roon core is installed on my iMac, i have macbook air 2018 with the latest os V13 and Samsung tablete S8+ I’m able to see my playlist on the samsung tablete but i cant see them on my macbook air. I sent u a screenshot but u didn’t receve it.Help me please

Check you have the same settings on both devices, playlists are from the core so should show on all devices.

hello,
thank u for your answer.
On my macbook air I dont see the playlist made from roon and by me. I see only one playlist -empty.
I dont see any setting to fix.

regards

Harry

Please post a screen grab of what you are seeing on both remotes please and point out the playlist you are not seeing on the MacBook. . You change the settings for playllsts by clicking on My Playlists it will open the menu I posted.

If in fact you’re looking at the same zone on both remotes (macbook & tablet), just to double-check:

Are they both connected to the same core, or are somehow they seeing different cores?

I am planning on going to the Dominican Republic for 2 months shortly.

All of my playlists on iMac show “not available” for all entries. And then the volume controls are fixed, which is not my preference.

How do I get the tracks in playlist to play on both my iMac and when I go to Dominican Republic my Macbook? And free up the fixed volume controls?

Tnx
Dan

So the Roon core app is very much a home network / LAN app.

if you want to get your laptop to function as an endpoint while you travel, you have the choice of operating via VPN, or temporarily making your laptop into a core and “un authorizing” your home core (plus creating a copy of your music library on your laptop).

Alternatively you can use ARC while traveling, but there is no MacOS client - you are limited to iOS or Android.

Depending on how long you are going for and your use case (headphones vs large scale system, desktop vs at beach, etc) I would personally make a fairly strong recommendation for trying to make ARC work while you are in any “temporary” location; it’s great once you figure out what it is for and what it is not. If you’re settling into a second home or other environment where you have multiple “real” endpoints, there’s a case for a second core (either fixed, or on a laptop), and possibly a second license. But others definitely have other strategies than mine.