Using Roon ARC at home

Am I able to use Roon ARC at home on my phone to connect to my various devices ie bluesound, naim, sonos?
I can connect through Roon Core on my Mac to all of these devices. When using ARC through my phone I can only play through my phone (android). Is this how it is supposed to work? I’m new at this, and just trying to figure it out.

Yes, I think that’s right. It’s just a player, not the remote control. But that app also still works.

Michael, welcome to the community. A fellow user here, I’ll try to explain. Roon ARC is a separate application you can use to stream your Roon library from your Roon Core when outside of your home; basically you can have your Roon music library anywhere you are. The only real limitation is that is does not act as a typical Roon Remote as it plays only to device on which it is installed (or via directly-connected USB, Bluetooth, AirPlay (in the Apple ecosystem) and Chromecast in the Google ecosystem if you use the phone to play to Bluetooth, AirPlay, or Chromecast devices).

The Roon Remote 2.0 app for your phone is a pretty full-featured Roon Remote that provides access to many of the Core configuration options, as well as seeing and controlloing other Roon endpoints (which the ARC app does not allow). But Roon Remote does not allow for outside-the-home access to your Core music library.

It is expected that at some point the ARC and phone Remote applications will merge, but not currently.

No, Roon ARC plays to your phone only. If you want to use Roon at home, as before, use the Roon Remote app.

Thanks for your feedback. That makes sense to me.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks. Working perfectly.

1 Like