Using Roon & Chrome

Roon Core Machine

Windows 11 Dell Inspiron 17 3000 Laptop with Intel Core i5 with 8gb RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

On WIFI 4 router averaging 40mbs

Connected Audio Devices

Bowers & Wilkins Wedge, linked to internet with ethernet cable. Connecting to Roon via bluetooth / WASAPI

Number of Tracks in Library

15,546 tracks

Description of Issue

I’m having an issue when Roon is playing (either Radio or local music) and I am using media in Chrome.

Example: I am watching cricket through Google Chrome but with the sound off and I am listening to commentary on radio through Roon - both on the same laptop. When I close the chrome windows, the Roon stops playing - when I press play to continue the radio in Roon, it starts but no sound is played. When I open up Chrome again and start playing another media (either radio or video) the Roon sound starts operating again.

Another example is that I’m listening to music and a video plays on chrome (like an advert or news clip) the same thing happens - Roon stops playing until the media on Chrome restarts.

An help wil be greatly appreciated, thanks.

is the exclusive mode set to get the best sound?

Then one source must always be turned off before the next source can be started with some delay.

Hi Uwe,

I don’t have exclusive mode on. I’m not sure where your screenshot is taken as I can’t see those available options. When I go into Devise Setup, the exclusive mode is unselected.

Thanks,
Tim

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.