Using Roon database on 2 different cores

hi, is there a safe way to backup the roon db and then restore it to another core, so that i can have all my playlists, favourites etc available in a second location i.e. not my home.

I know how to do it in theory but i have seen some people having trouble with the core name being the same on both devices which causes a licence issue. I don’t see any resolution to this in the community so im asking here. Im know that i need to log out of the ‘not in use’ core so that i only use one core at a time.

thx

Hi - I did exactly that. I run ROCK on a NUC at home, and bought a second, identical NUC for our weekend apartment. I restored the home backup to the apartment NUC and it all worked smoothly.
I did rename the apartment one once the backup had been restored, in case I had them side-by-side at any point, so I’d know which one I would be using
Michael

1 Like

super thanks.

So after you do the restore what exactly you do then? go into roon and rename the new core?

Yes. Go into Settings > Setup > Core Name. You don’t have to change anything but I renamed from Roon Optimized Core Kit to Roon Optimized Core Kit (home), and Roon Optimized Core Kit (flat).

Michael

1 Like

Thx thats peachy!

1 Like