Using Roon with Denon AVRX4400H

Core Machine (Operating system)
Sony Vaio laptop windows 7 with external hard-drive with music file 128 gig of music

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
X-finite dual band router/WiFi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Denon receiver AVRX4400H has airplay

Description Of Issue
I successfully downloaded Roon on my Sony laptop. I also downloaded the app on my iPad Pro.

How do I interface my laptop with Roon and my Denon receiver? Then how does the remote on my iPad fit in with it all?

Thank you

Ps this all started with me getting an email from Denon free trial recently that Many of their receivers were Ron tested. My model was one of them.
I called their support and they were unable to help me :confused: They didn’t even know what Roon was​:thinking:

Under settings > audio you should see an ‘airplay’ device for your AVR. Enable it if not already enabled. Click the gear icon to go to device settings to confirm it is your AVR. Then for playback, click the speaker icon in the now playing bar at the bottom of the screen. Select the airplay device from the popup window as your output device.

Hello @Daniel_Hansen and welcome to the community!

I’ve got some recommendations for you, which you can view here. Your receiver can connect to Roon via Airplay or HDMI. Give that a try and let us know if you have any questions!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.