Various Artists No Longer Visible When Changing Core & Storage

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MacBook Air (Mojave Version 10.14.6) Roon Version 1.6 and then Nucleus w/ Roon Version 1.6

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

None with MacBook Air and then Ethernet with Nucleus

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Both to KEF LS50W, USB from MacBook Air and then Ethernet from Nucleus

Description Of Issue

When using my MacBook Air I can see all albums tagged with “Various Artists” (mostly soundtracks but also Atlantic Soul Classics, Motown Classics Gold, etc). I recently bought a Nucleus (not the Plus model) and changed storage from a microSD card in my MacBook Air to a USB drive in my Nucleus (same files in both, checked 3x). I can not see any of the “Various Artists” in the Nucleus system even though I have checked the setup in both twice and read some/most topics online. Need assistance.

Hi @Fred_Reed,

Besides this, is everything else showing okay? Are all of your playlists, edits, and playcounts showing like normal?

Can you share a screenshot of an example album exhibiting this issue?

I have other problems: a few minor artwork fixes, a few tracks were listed as Track 1 rather than the title, one new 24/192 downloaded album does not play without dropouts (but does play properly via USB and a DSD of the same album does play properly via Ethernet after downsampling by Roon). None of these problems occur with Roon on my Mac. I changed storage drives and encounter the same problems. All storage drives have the same music (I have several back-ups on various drive types). These issues have work-arounds by editing the files, listening to other versions of albums or just using a USB cable. I’d like to use Ethernet but my switch may be an issue, maybe (?).

I have attached screen shots of settings I understand may affect my issue with the Various Artist issue. This is the main issue to resolve.

Please et me know if you need further info.
Thanks.

Hi,

I have some more info and screen shots in case they help:

1. Roon on Nucleus recognizes all 1149 track on the USB drive as shown on a previous image (storage settings).
  2. All files are AIFF except of course the 7 or 8 DSD albums I have.
  3. I edit my AIFF files with iTunes and included one screenshot for a Various Artists album.
  4. I incude a screenshot fro Roon on my Mac that shows some/most albums by Various Artists (FYI).

Hope these help.

Thanks,

Hi,

I turned my Nucleus off and on and it solved the problem. Apologizes for wasting your time.

Regards,

Fred

Hi @Fred_Reed,

I’m glad that a reboot was able to get you up and running here! Please reach out if you have any other questions or issues.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.