Version 1.7 build 528 (64 bit) Windows -- Roon is not playing well with Mytek Brooklyn DAC+

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 64 bit - Roon version 1.7 build 528 (64 bit) Windows

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

NA

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

USB connection to Mytek Brooklyn DAC+

Description Of Issue

When starting up, sometimes Roon doesn’t recognize the sound driver or it does but when trying to play a song, cannot play. and “nothing playing” appears on screen". Other times, Roon will start and play songs appropriately initially but later will not p[lay and again display “nothing playing”.

Is there a way to roll back this software to previous version?

Hi @lucretius,

No, downgrading versions of Roon is not supported but we can certainly troubleshoot this behavior on the new build of Roon.

If you try outputting to your PC’s “System Output” zone, do you notice the same behavior occur?
Does the issue happen with both local content and streaming (TIDAL/Qobuz) content?

I have only one zone enabled right now; the DAC is attached to the PC.

I restarted my PC and everything seems to work now.

I do notice that I cannot remove the Tidal service – I can only enable and disable it, I have disabled it since I no longer subscribe to Tidal but it still appears in my Browse menu. Is there anything I can do to put it in a pre-configured state and remove it from the Browse menu?

Hi @lucretius,

Glad to hear that a reboot sorted the DAC issues out.

At this time, no it is not currently possible to remove unused services from the menu. Since this appears to be “working as designed” I would recommend also posting your suggestion in the 'feature request" section of the site.

Our product team and developers keep a close eye on that category, so that’s definitely the best place to propose a change like this and get feedback from the Community. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.