Version 1.7 - there was an error checking for an update

Roon core running on Nucleus or MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)

Remotes on ipad pro and iPhone 8.

Nucleus connected via ethernet to Virgin Hub

Issue: Apps updated to 1.7 but now I get an error 'Remote Core (Nucleus) - 1.6 (Build 416) Stable ‘There was an error checking for an update’

I have attempted to reboot and reinstall the software on the Nucleus - no joy. I get the following on the Roon app on my MacBook when I go into About Roon:

About%20Roon%20screenshot|690x488

Both MacBook core and Nucleus have ‘error checking for an update’

What can I do please? Roon is now not useable.

A post was split to a new topic: Error checking for update windows 10

A post was split to a new topic: Error checking for update on Nucleus

Hi @kevin_rodgers,

I have enabled diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here. Can you try giving your Nucleus a reboot once more? Once you do so the diagnostics report should reach our servers.

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

A post was split to a new topic: Nucleus receiving error looking for update

OK. Rebooting now.

All done. When I reinstall I still see version 1.6 by the way.

A post was split to a new topic: Ubuntu Core not updating to 1.7

A post was merged into an existing topic: Ubuntu Core not updating to 1.7

Thanks, @kevin_rodgers.

The diagnostics report has been received and I’ve passed it to the team for review. I’ll be sure to reach out as soon as I have their feedback.

Thanks. Ive pretty much rebooted / resintalled every part of the chain my end. no help.

Hi from Germany. Similar issue here with 1.7 on my MacBook Air. The core on my Audiodata music server has been updated to 1.7
However there is a problem with my MacBook Air (latest software) The note on Roon says in German “Fehler bei Update Anfrage” = “error requesting update”. Is this a traffic issue, is there a traffic jam with people trying to update? Or should I just delete 1.6 and then load the new 1.7 from the website?Please advise …
kind regards
Uli

My impression is that Roon have an issue on update.roonlabs.com.

Not sure if its load or other bug, or if they just forgot to publish the 1.7 for some platforms.

Steve

okay, I’ll have a look there …
cheers
Uli

I am facing the same issue

Core: 1.6 build 416 running on Ubuntu Linux
Client on MacOS X 10.15.1 (Catalina) running 1.6 build 475

In Roon, both components say “There was an error checking for an update”

My iPhone and iPad updated to the 1.7 remote, but are unusable because they report that the core needs upgraded, which of course I can’t do.

Please advise

Version of RoonServer at http://download.roonlabs.com/builds/RoonServer_linuxx64.tar.bz2 is 1.7.

So not sure why updates.roonlabs.com isn’t dishing up the info.

same for me too. Core is on PC win 10, sucesfully updated on 1.7 but remote on MAC can do it, report some issue

yup, that is exactly what Roon says on my MacBook. I guess patience is requested. I can operate Roon through my updated iPhone as well

I am experiencing the same problem. App on android on 1.7 and won’t connect to Roon Rock. Can’t get Rock to update from 1.6, reinstall, restart several times. Having to use windows Roon app, i guess it’s still on 1.6.

Ok. Now have the latest version. Seems like whatever you Roon guys have been doing it’s solved the problem for me. Thanks for the prompt attention - much appreciated! Hopefully others will see the same outcome.