Version of Roon not compatable with my database

Roon Core Machine

Imac 3,3 Ghz Quad-core Inter core i7
macOS Montery 12.6.3

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Mac connected via router to the NAS, music is installed on the NAS. Roon is updated to 2.0 and then the problems started.

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

3500 tracks in the library

Description of Issue

After update to ROON 2.0 a the following message appears: This version of Roon is not compatible with your database. This usually indicates that Roon was downgraded after installing a version that changed the database format.
Roon doesn’t start anymore !

Hi, (I’m fellow user)
I would try to reinstall the latest version downloaded from Roon website.

Hey @Edwin_van_Buren,

Following up on this thread, I was able to see that all your devices tied to your account seem to be up on Roon 2.0. Are you still running into issues here?

I’ll be on standby for your reply. :+1:

Hi

Rather than start a new thread, hope it is ok to post here. I have encountered the same problem

Roon Core is Mac mini, M1 chip, 8 GB ram Mac OS 13.2.1.

Opened Roon asks to update. Updated core from 1.8 to 2.0, works fine.

My other system in another room, uses a 2012 Mac mini and can no longer be used as it does not run the minimum requirements to upgrade from 1.8 to 2.0.

Followed the advice [https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/roon-1-8-2-0-migration-faq-16-9-2022#How_do_I_downgrade_to_18] to hopefully rollback my core from.2.0 to 1.8 so that I can have the system running as it was and am presented with the message in the title.

Not sure were to go from here as there is no guidance with the message

Any help would be appreciated

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.