Vertical scrolling [Done in Roon 1.8]

I like horizontal especially on an iPad.

1 Like

I like horizontal too on iPad.

(Note: Un-tracking this thread, I think Roon gets the gist on this now, some are happy as things stand, some want vertical, me personally, I cannot take anymore :anguished: )

1 Like

Vertical please!

I read this forum vertically, I use iTunes vertically and I browse about vertically.

In fact there’s not a single other aspect of my tablet that scrolls horizontally, it feels plain odd, and every time I’m in album view my natural response is to scroll vertically.

Moreover, when holding a full size iPad with two hands, vertical scrolling takes just a Flick of the thumb. Horizontal scrolling means taking a hand off to swipe left to right.

Not a deal breaker for me, just not what I’d ideally live with.

5 Likes

1.2 is great but I still find the horizontal scrolling crazy and the opposite to the GUIs of any other app I use on either Mac OSX or IOS. That said I can see that there are plenty of people in the pro-horizontal camp. So please, let’s just have a selectable horizontal/vertical option in settings then everyone can be happy…

1 Like

+1 for having the option to do both, but also to choose the size of the thumbnails !

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Change the size of thumbnails

I’ve gotten use to the horizontal scrolling browsing, actually like it better.

Ditto, it initially irritated me, now it’s a natural part of how I interact with the UI.

Still pisses me off as totally unintuitive, Now using Audirvana Plus 2.5 a lot which streams Tidal AND Qobuz and of course scrolls vertically (-: Not as nice UI as Roon though.

Intuitive for me is reading books since I was a kid and flipping pages right to left.

Cheers, Greg

1 Like

I’ve gotten used to it now too LOL :joy:

If the option was there, I would probably keep it at horizontal now.

Having said that, I still think that the option should be there :smiley:

1 Like

It’s inconsistent now as on the iphone scrolling is vertical… :grinning: People should have the choice

3 Likes

A simple +1 for me. I hate the current sideways scrolling.

2 Likes

As the 100th reply to this topic that I originally created in May 2015, I thought that it might be fitting to say…I think I’ll stick with the horizontal scrolling! :smiley: Just got used to it now and don’t think I would switch to vertical any more. I like the distinction between horizontal scrolling when selecting an artist or album, and vertical scrolling when looking through an artists’ page. Though it should still be a selectable option :smiley: :smiley:

3 Likes

+1 for an option to choose

2 Likes

I voted for the option to choose a while ago, then got used to the horizontal scrolling, now I wouldn’t have it any other way.

3 Likes

It’s still inconsistent with other parts of the UI though. That’s my main beef.

But yeah, after a year of use, you’re going to get used to it. If only the same could be said for the queue beahviour. :smiley:

2 Likes

We all get a bit of OCD… :wink:

Hoping for some diagonal scrolling so I can complete the set.

7 Likes

Still waiting for (at least the option for) vertical scrolling. I HATE horizontal scrolling…totally stupid, as everything else we do on the computer scrolls vertically (sorry Soolos). The poster who said it’s counter intuitive is spot on. It’s annoying. C’mon ROON get it together.