Vertical scrolling [Done in Roon 1.8]

Another thing I’d love to have is a size setting for the album images & titles. The current ones are rather small for a 4k 43" monitor.

They look OK on mine have you gone into settings and switched on “Allow for more covers and photos”

The opposite surely, turn off “Allow for more covers and photos”

The opposite surely, turn off “Allow for more covers and photos”

Indeed! And it works, too, it’s a lot better now.
Thanks gents!

it’s relatively minor for me the horizontal or vertical aspect, more of a bug bear is the pagination aspect., I would love to see smooth scrolling of albums. It’s a bit of a pain with a wheel mouse to try and not paginate multiple pages oftentimes, and on a tablet (at least on android tablet) where the finger swiping page by page is very hit and miss, ie it just doesn’t paginate much of the time.

Also, personally, I find pagination harder to assimilate mentally, one has to accustomise to a whole page of new data rather than incrementally.

Sorry for relatively off topic, but it would be nice to have both these addressed at the same time.

Thanks for considering this :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Agree, hope you get rid of the grid view in total one day. It’s outdated . I still hope for a album with album context view. Anyways, you most certainly triggered my curiousity here.

A post was split to a new topic: Roon on a 43" ultra 4K monitor

I thought that vertical scrolling was coming this year…

A schedule has never been given afaik

no schedule given… we are doing a release before end of year (ASAP), but not the big UI change yet…

2 Likes

How would vertical scrolling interact with smooth scrolling? I turned on smooth scrolling on my mac for my Logitech MX Master (through their software) and that works pretty well in most software (e.g. Firefox, Finder, Mail, …). However, currently in Roon a single ‘smooth’ scroll results in going several pages further (4-5 pages). I realize this is not necessarily Roon’s fault as the mouse driver is probably generating multiple scroll events, but it would be nice nonetheless :wink:

Can’t wait for vertical scrolling ! Thanks !

My request, vertical scrolling similar to IOS contacts app. Visible A-Z partition bars with a quick jump A-Z index control. But for phone Roon app, ensure the A-Z index jumper control is bigger than Contacts app so you can reliability click the intended letter to jump to (i.e. Contacts A-Z index control is too small).

Also, smaller icons in the vertical based lists. Look to Auralic Lighting DS for great examples of use of smaller icons for artist, album, track lists. Also, their implementation of ‘My music’ has the IOS contacts vertical browsing with A-Z index jumping.

1 Like

Great news! I hope portrait mode for iPad is on the roadmap too…

Pleas make a vertikal scrolling for Album…

Its not so modern horizontal everybody have vertical scrolling.

1 Like

“Vertical scrolling [On Roadmap]”…from May 2015. It’s now halfway through 2018 and a major release is just out (1.5), and STILL no vertical scrolling. Really tired of dealing with the horizontal scrolling nightmare. What’s it going to take ?

Not quite:

• Topic creation date: May 15th 2015
  • “On Roadmap” annotation added: July 22nd 2017

So about 9 months ago. I know vertical scrolling is part of a much more ambitious GI overhaul.

• A huge amount of time, effort and money from Roon.
  • When will it be available, don’t know Roon don’t release that information.
2 Likes

Roon to scroll vertically as a normal web page

@Mike_O_Neill, I’ve moved your post into the existing topic.

same here
Very important for usability!

I would prefer vertical scrolling (or choice). Second to that would be horizontal scrolling, not paging. It is the paging that is awkward going sideways on the longer dimension. Scrolling would make that easier at least.

1 Like

For a tablet it doesn’t matter.

But on a PC/MAC its really uncomfortable because you cannot just scroll through your artist with your mouse wheel. Like with normal documents / websites