Vertical scrolling [Done in Roon 1.8]

2 posts were split to a new topic: Scrolling with the mouse wheel does not work correctly

Really disappointed that 1.6 did not contain either vertical scrolling or mobile sync/streaming… This thread has been going since 2015…

1 Like

I would also use vertical scrolling if it was mplemented.

Vertical scrolling is the hoverboards of Roon.

1 Like

Roon Labs has added some really nice enhancements to 1.5 and 1.6. Maybe version 1.7 will finally bring a vertical scrolling option with A-Z quick links and visible partition bars similar to the iPhone IOS Contacts app. Just adding my 2 cents once again as another major release is released without it. In the meantime, we all know QOBUZ was a must and the enhanced Roon Radio is fantastic!

2 Likes

I really want to scroll my album’s vertically. An option to scroll vertical or horizontal l would be great

I am not to much of an album browser but I for one would really really like to be able to browse artists in a vertical layout. Don’t need artist pictures neither, just a list of names is sufficient for me to quickly play some forgotten tunes.

At least the iPhone app has vertical scrolling of artists and albums. I would like to see that added to the iPad and computer (e.g. laptop) apps as well as an option. Horizontal scrolling could remain the default for users who got used to this non-intuitive interface. I agree the vertical scrolling interface should look similar to the iOS contacts app.

Why do you use Roon? There are a lot of music apps with such a simple interface.
I use Roon, because I want more.

I like everything about Roon except for the horizontal scrolling in the artist browser and album browser. Considering the creation date and number of responses in this thread, many other folks are just asking for both options to be available (horizontal and vertical) and let the user configure their preference.

I guess if I was from the Tinder generation, I would be used to ‘swiping’ instead of ‘scrolling’ :slight_smile: And then I won’t care if Roon added vertical based browsing.

Which simple App can control Roon?

The swipe right/left paradigm is great for a tablet, but for a laptop it’s not an effective approach. Would it be possible to set up your Mac/Windows software to scroll up and down - as you’ve already done for iPhones? It would be more intuitive and easier to use.

1 Like

SoonTM

5 Likes

This is a super long wait for that big UI change! It’s going to be 5D, VR and mind controlled at this rate :smiley:

In all seriousness, I am hoping that Roon will step up to the mark in terms of the UI improvements, in particular regarding album organising capabilities and artwork improvements.

4 Likes

This thread is now four years old… Happy Anniversary!

:birthday::tada:

8 Likes

Ahhh…oh…er…hmmm…:zipper_mouth_face::rofl:

lmao! That’s quite a blow.

Vertical scrolling: the most common form of scrolling you will use on your computer. With vertical scrolling the window moves up or down using a scroll bar, allowing the user to see additional information in a window. For example, you may need to scroll down to continue reading a document or see other parts of the page.

Scroll Bar: a vertical or horizontal bar commonly located on the far right or bottom of a window that allows you to move the window viewing area up, down, left, or right. Most people today are familiar with scroll bars because of the need to scroll up and down in almost every Internet web page.

Looks like the Roon guys are definitely not in the “most people” category, so I just wanted to make sure that they are getting what this long overdue request it’s all about. Funny or not the joke’s on us…

1 Like

Funnily enough, since starting this thread in May 2015 I’ve become accustomed to the scrolling being sideways (as per a book or magazine rather than computer) and would probably continue to use it that way - though still feel that vertical should be an option given the huge number of requests. Personally there are some other features that I’ve been waiting for for an equally long time, such as the ability to sort an artists’s albums properly (e.g. with bootlegs separated out like albums, singles & EPs are) and album art improvements, amongst other things.

Yes, when you have no other choice, you do get used to things after a while… :slightly_smiling_face:

But it’s not just that I haven’t gotten used to paging horizontally… it’s the inconsistency of the vertical vs. horizontal scrolling, and the “almost” paging in the tablet apps, where you swipe right or left but just not enough so Roon stays on the current page…

5 Likes