Vertical scrolling [Done in Roon 1.8]

For me it is not like a reading and turning the pages of a book. There is no connection between the pages. It is not turning the pages it is opening the book again and again every time on a different page. Reading… with reading it has nothing to do. It is a annoying design…

1 Like

After 2+ years of using roon I’m still not comfortable with it… I don’t think I ever will be. I live with it as I love roon for many other reasons.

4 Likes

me too: +1, +1,+1,+1,+1,+1…

2 Likes

I kind of agree there to an extent but I’d say I have become accustomed to it and it doesn’t really bother me. But as others have pointed out, it’s seemingly a bit random as to direction. And then on the phone everything works quite nicely with all vertical scrolling and portrait mode so I’m not really sure what the main objection to it is from a design POV.

I kind of think all or nothing would be best. Scroll in the longest direction or something.

If ROON would just randomly switch from horizontal to vertical scrolling and then, randomly, back again…No one would be happy but the angst would be more equitably distributed.

3 Likes

And as a software developer, is there a more lofty goal than that?

:joy:

1 Like

Lack of vertical scrolling and iPad portrait mode are the main reasons I paid for a year, not a lifetime. They are daily nuisances. If Roon fixes them (and add a more IOS functionality) I’ll gladly pay for a lifetime subscription.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Smooth Scrolling - Snappy and colourful album cover previews

+1, would love to be able to choose between horizontal and vertical scrolling.

2 Likes

+1 for Vertical Scrolling. It is ergonomically right thing to do.

If one is using iPad/tablet, it’s ergonomically easier to move fingers up-down than side ways.

2 Likes

Next major UI release is going to primarily vertical scrolled, with full functionality on phones.

I can’t give any schedules or details, but I’m positive all of you will be happy with the result.

This new UI is as far from current Roon as Roon 1.0 was from iTunes!

23 Likes

Is that going to be user select-able? I actually prefer how it is now to vertical scrolling.

1 Like

The question doesn’t really make sense in the new ui. The grid of covers is the most boring view in my opinion, and only a minor part of the next generation UI.

7 Likes

Exciting… Roon 2.0?

When should I start the “I preferred Roon 1.3 thread” ?

.sjb

5 Likes

There’s always one… :cry:

1 Like

Excellent! It all sounds very exciting. Very good news :slight_smile:

Hmm. I’ll reserve judgement until I’ve been able to play with the new UI, but sometimes boring can be familiar and comfortable (he said, pulling his dressing gown tighter)

3 Likes

It’s been shown that it’s very healthy (for our brains) to step out of our comfort zones and learn new things. It literally keeps us alive longer, allegedly. So, what’s not to like! :laughing:

1 Like

Not all new things have the same value (he said, thinking about the latest incumbent in a certain public office :open_mouth: ). As I say, I’ll reserve judgement until I’ve played with it.