Vertical scrolling [Done in Roon 1.8]

Super!.

As long as Change is Constant … Love you guys!

I love change but I imagine there will be a small uproar from those that don’t.

How about a compromise? Diagonal scrolling…

6 Likes

This sounds really great; looking forward to seeing the changes. The countdown begins! :smiley:

Let’s not even even joke about this. If this forum gets into all the are we there yet, when’s it coming, you promised and it’s not here stuff as has happened before Danny will go back to not sharing anything about what is going on.

5 Likes

dont worry, we expect major uproar… its the way it works with ui changes.we arent afraid.

12 Likes

Lol, sounds all good!

:rofl:

/10chars

http://s27.postimg.org/3l2pgnc8z/IMG_7862.jpg

I really shouldn’t leak the preview, but…

4 Likes

Great news. First, the 1 click play. Now, the vertical scrolling. Good times…

we are actually addressing like 100 issues in this ui, plus adding much more awesome browsing modes, new ways to view/navigate/search/filter, and it is so much prettier than any Roon youve ever seen :slight_smile:

19 Likes

That’s right, dampen expectations in the hope of not causing forum overheating- only 100 changes and a total revamp of UI. Lazy sods. :wink:

.sjb

11 Likes

Hallelujah ! Finally !

Sounds great, but please don’t change the basic look of the (large album art) Now Playing screen! I have a whole monitor dedicated to just that and it’s beautiful.

Thanks for your hard work and responsiveness. You and the team have committed to address many issues that users have been concerned about for a long time. Have you designated a version number for this significant group of changes?

I don’t think the Roon team has been laying about raking in the cash and drinking champagne in the meantime.

They are clearly a hardworking bunch and I’m sure the other development going on was as important or more so than the aesthetic changes we have been rooting for :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh hell yeah, please PLEASE get rid of the horizontal paging, and use a continuous vertical scroll - or have it as an option (I’d say default option!).

The horizonal-paging as it is is a travesty and doing my head in. I just can’t get used to it even after weeks of usage.
It’s not natural, nor normal, not good in any case or way or usage scenario.

Not a single program on pc does this - for good reason. It maybe ok for tablets, but even on my phone I expect a natural vertical scrolling.

Another thing I’d love to have is a size setting for the album images & titles. The current ones are rather small for a 4k 43" monitor.

1 Like

show off :wink:

Please add this feature!

177 replies and 7200 views lol…never thought my simple query would gain this much traction. Ironically, I quite like the horizontal scrolling for artists now… :smile:

They look OK on mine have you gone into settings and switched on “Allow for more covers and photos”