MacBook Pro 2.9 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5, Memory: 8 GB 2133 MHz

Network Details

WRITE HERE

Audio Devices

7 Sonos speakers (2 paired)

Library Size

WRITE HERE

Description of Issue

This is driving me nuts. Whenever I begin a new song (playing 16/48) some of the Sonos speakers lag, eventually start playing after 15 seconds or so and are then in sync with the other speakers. If I advance to the next song, get similar results. If the first song plays through, the next song usually starts fine - with all speakers in sync.

I’ve looked at the Activity Monitor and notice that at the beginning of songs, Roon is using more that 150% of the CPU capacity, eventually settling down (after the 15 seconds) to some 30%.

I’ve checked the performance using the Sonos player (again, 16/48) and the Sonos app starts at some 60% of CPU and settles down to around 25% throughout rest of song.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated. Is it a Roon issue? Is my MacBook processor too slow?

Hello @James_McDonough,

Please accept my apologies for the delay in getting back to you :pleading_face: - it’s been way too long.

I’m sorry to hear about the behavior you’re experiencing. It looks like your MBP is meeting our requirements for a Core, so I wouldn’t think the specs are causing this. However, to make sure I’m not missing anything, I’ve moved this thread into our technical team’s queue, so they can take a closer look :nerd_face: